Is Arcam to Roksan an upgrade?

HelloMrRay

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi all, my current setup is an Arcam Alpha 9 CD player, Alpha 8 pre & power, Linn Axis turntable & Acoustic Energy 109 SE loudspeakers. This setup has given me many years of pleasure and I thoroughly enjoy music on it but have felt for a short while that I need to go to the next level and with all the kids having flown the nest I now have some spare cash!

I have decided that I would like to audition B&W's CM10 S2's being powered by a Roksan Caspian M2 pre & power combination, I will be keeping the Arcam Alpha 9 CD player and Linn t/t. Current musical likes are Muse, High Flying Birds, ELO and always Depeche Mode and Dexys Midnight Runners. My system has to have good bass together with a clear treble. Any thoughts or comments on this combination? Good idea, bad idea, completely mismatched? Cheers

jjbomber

HelloMrRay said:
I have decided that I would like to audition B&W's CM10 S2's being powered by a Roksan Caspian M2 pre & power combination, I will be keeping the Arcam Alpha 9 CD player and Linn t/t.

So glad you are keeping the Arcam 9. I owned one and have regretted selling it since the day it went. A superb piece of kit.

As for the rest, only you can really answer that. If you think they sound better, then it is a worthwhile upgrade. If you don't like the sound or there's very little in it, then it is not an upgrade, irrespective of price and reviews. Everyone on the forum can tell you what is best for them, but you need what is best for you. That means you have to audition any 'upgrades'.

rainsoothe

HelloMrRay said:
Hi all, my current setup is an Arcam Alpha 9 CD player, Alpha 8 pre & power, Linn Axis turntable & Acoustic Energy 109 SE loudspeakers. This setup has given me many years of pleasure and I thoroughly enjoy music on it but have felt for a short while that I need to go to the next level and with all the kids having flown the nest I now have some spare cash!

I have decided that I would like to audition B&W's CM10 S2's being powered by a Roksan Caspian M2 pre & power combination, I will be keeping the Arcam Alpha 9 CD player and Linn t/t. Current musical likes are Muse, High Flying Birds, ELO and always Depeche Mode and Dexys Midnight Runners. My system has to have good bass together with a clear treble. Any thoughts or comments on this combination? Good idea, bad idea, completely mismatched? Cheers

Hi. Sounds like a good combo to me. I would audition Focal Aria 926 floorstanders as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts