Pre- or integrated amp to match 2 Alpha 9p?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

My Alpha 9 integrated is dying (again) and because the fault is the same as 2 years ago (selector pod failing making a viscious crackle) I'm not prepared to get this fixed or even get another one off e-bay. However the current setup is brilliant as I've got an Alpha 8SE CD player and the amp is powering two Alpha9p's (one per side - ie mono blocks). I'd like to keep the 2 Alpha 9P's but interested in what anyone would think as a good amp to act as a pre-amp. Arcam have the FMJ A18 and A28 which look interesting but the Roksan Caspian K2 sits between these price wise and gets rave reviews.... . The A18 hits my pockets less and considering the power comes from the Alpha 9P's the power shortfall doesn't worry me ... but is it going down a bit from the Alpha 9?

I know I could get home demos setup but I'd prefer some Hi Fi fan views before pursuing the wrong path.

Cheers

Mark

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i may of read this wrong but the arcam alpha9 is not powering the two 9p's its sending a clean low signal with the 9p's are amplifing so its all to do with how good is the pre-amp side of things. I would say that you very happy and it throw it all out if you start messing with other brands,models ect.

can a s/hand alpha 8 be used a a pre amp that would be cheap ish and give you time to demo and see what will go well. I would be keen hear if people think that the pre amp is on the 8 can get close to ur present 9

TRENDING THREADS