Irritating advertising insert

Tony_R

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
The mini magazine advert feature (in amongst the review pages at the back) has to be the **most** annoying feature of your magazine.

Before I read the magazine I have to carefully remove it with a scalpel.

Needless to say - I would even consider buying anything from that vendor (who's name I refuse to mention here - no 'free' publicity from me..).

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
As I have so often said, we have no control over such inserts. They go in at section breaks - every 32, 16 or (if someone is being very carefree with the money and planning badly) 8 pages - and that's all we know until we see the magazine printed and bound in the office...

A

Anonymous

Tony_R:Before I read the magazine I have to carefully remove it with a scalpel.
Love that. Once upon a time I had to design such inserts. Boy were they a chore.

Tony_R

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:As I have so often said, we have no control over such inserts. They go in at section breaks - every 32, 16 or (if someone is being very carefree with the money and planning badly) 8 pages - and that's all we know until we see the magazine printed and bound in the office...

Sorry Andrew - don't take it personally. I had not seen your comments previously.

I was just having a rant, after having spent my hard earned £4.30 ..
emotion-9.gif

Tony_R:

Andrew Everard:As I have so often said, we have no control over such inserts. They go in at section breaks - every 32, 16 or (if someone is being very carefree with the money and planning badly) 8 pages - and that's all we know until we see the magazine printed and bound in the office...

Sorry Andrew - don't take it personally. I had not seen your comments previously.

I was just having a rant, after having spent my hard earned £4.30 ..
emotion-9.gif

That's the joys of Lithographic & web (no digital variety) printing. . . .Ah, the memories.

A

Anonymous

Tony_R:

The mini magazine advert feature (in amongst the review pages at the back) has to be the **most** annoying feature of your magazine.

Before I read the magazine I have to carefully remove it with a scalpel.

Needless to say - I would even consider buying anything from that vendor (who's name I refuse to mention here - no 'free' publicity from me..).

Thanks for raising this, as it annoys me too.

By removing it, whilst going on holiday, I managed to avoid an excess baggage allowance of £20
emotion-4.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
plastic penguin:
Andrew Everard:Books, eh - remember them...?

Perfect bound, saddle stitch 2 wires, work and turn and work and tumble - crikey, don't start me off. . .

PUR I think you'll find

ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts