ipod docks??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Firstly I know zilch about ipod stuff, but I've been given an old ipod classic and would like to take advantige of the connection on my LX82. I would only require it for music at the moment

Unfortunately I don't have a docking station thingy, searching the web I came across theNad IPD 2 ipod dock and the Denon ASD1r interactive audiophile dock both look interesting to my limited knowledge, BUT............................

..........Could someone kindly explain to me how these work(or maybe post some links)and which one might be best (or any other) to go for?

Thanks in advance
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

if i remember correctly the nad used standard phono inter connects to connect to your amp just as a cd player would. a google of the Denon apears its the same.

I've no idea which is best. I use the cambridge audio dock (about £15), its been a while since its been plugged in to the stereo but remember it being ok. The more expensive ones should be better though.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Your amp uses a digital audio connection for the ipod to maintain the signal rather than convert to analogue in the ipod. You shouldn't need a dock at all unless it is for aesthetic reasons of having it standing up on display. I'm not sure which docks are compatible with the Pioneer connections, maybe they all are but I would imagine that Pioneer would be your best bet. Hopefully a fellow Pioneer receiver owner with experience of a dock will be able to help but to re-iterate I wouldn't use a dock with your receiver unless it still connects to the amp using the digital connection.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys

the cambridge looks good for the pound

The two I mentioned do look
emotion-11.gif
and I though the IR would in some way be benificial to me
emotion-42.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts