iPlayer available on Freesat from early next week!

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Not bad but, to be honest, something I'd rarely use. Doesn't hurt to have the capability at hand and another reason to get the PS3 out of the living room.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Had a look at this and I don't have the iPlayer option when I click the red button on BBC1. When exactly will this be available?

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Looks like the link will not be available as stated. You have to navigate to a secret Teletext page. The page (or code) is being made available on a limited basis and keeps changing! I don't know how to formally get hold of this code.....other than browsing various forums.

Suggest the annoucement is changed to reflect this limited roll out. Clearly, I am happy if WHFSV can prove otherwise.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
As it says in the headline, it should be available sometime next week. I'll contact Freesat's PR company on Monday morning to get precise details. But I know it's working as I saw a demo of it in London last week.

daveh75

Iplayer is still in beta stage it's just that as of next week the beeb will be releasing the "secret code" and extending the trial to the general public(well those with Humax HD boxes anyway)!

Until Iplayer goes to final version,there won't be a proper/permanent link on the interactive menu to access it

The reason the the "secret code" had to keep being changed upto now, is because some of the beta trialist's kept leaking it on certain forums, and the beeb wanted to keep the trial limited until they were confident that iplayer was stable enough/working as it should.

daveh75

It appears the Beeb will now NOT be releasing the "code" to access iplayer till after xmas!!!
emotion-45.gif

See Join Freesat

daveh75

Andy Clough:Well, daveh75, a little bird tells me the code 5483 might be what you're looking for.
emotion-2.gif

To be fair, i've had the code(s) since november
emotion-5.gif
.But it's good news for Humax owners i guess.

I see the code has been leaked all over the net since i posted earlier, just hope it's an "official" leak this time, otherwise the BBCi team will just change it again!

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Hey, that works a treat. I had low expectations. The iPlayer on my PS3 is very stoppy, starty. On the hummy it great (although the PQ leaves a little to be desired). So, a useful additon methinks.

daveh75

PJPro: (although the PQ leaves a little to be desired)..Were you watching in "standard" or "High Quality"?.

I've noticed that standard can be a bit,well, You Tube-ish, but HQ can actually be very good(at least as good as broadcast SD).

Your right though,my hummy handles iplayer very well, no blocking/pixelation,no choppy sound and not constantly stopping for buffering...........the same cant be said when i view iplayer on a PC!

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Andy Clough:Well, daveh75, a little bird tells me the code 5483 might be what you're looking for.
emotion-2.gif

Oh and I forgot to say thanks for providing the code. Thanks Andy.

daveh75

PJPro:Tried the high quality version and things were a bit stoppy starty.That could be down to your BB service.

IIRC you need at least 2 meg for reliable playback when watching in HQ, it works fine for me mostly,but my BB speed never drops much below 4.5 meg.

beater

Apr 21, 2008
Visit site
This maybe a dum question, but were do i but in the code.

panasonic 50px70 / panasonic bd30 / panasonic ex87 / onkyo 606 / kef iQ5se's / kef iQ2c / kef iQ1's on atacama stands / kef 1005's for back surrounds / bk xls200 mk2 sub / humax foxsat hdr.

daveh75

beater:
This maybe a dum question, but were do i but in the code.Just go to BBC1,press the red button and wait for the menu to load,then enter the code and press OK (as you would a page number)

daveh75

JamesOK:Hmm, well I have just had a look at my Foxsat box and the iplayer option doesnt appear in the red button menu.
emotion-6.gif

iplayer is still in Beta version,so no option/link appears on the red button menu as of yet!

Follow the instructions i posted above, (the code is 5483)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts