iPhone 5 Power button problem

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Almost 12 months old, my iPhone 5 does not want to switch off (power down).

Seems like there is a problem with the power button.

I went into my local Vodafone shop (where I'd bought the phone) and the young chap said that "The power button is not covered by the warranty" !

Ummm, am I right in assuming that the reasonable life of a £600 mobile phone should be at least 12 months, and that the power button should be covered by any warranty?

When I started laughing in the shop and said that what he told me was ridiculous and would he mind if I recorded our encounter on the iphone he went very quiet.

As I'd bought it outright, they didn't have a trace of when I'd bought the phone, so while I dig out the receipt from my tax return files, and back up the phone, I thought I'd seek the combined forum wisdom on where I stand as a consumer.

Any advice most welcome.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
yep. To give apple their due, this is where they usually excel :)

If you're unsure, give the store a quick call before you go, but you should be fine.

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Managed to get an appointment at our local Apple Genius Bar this morning.

Within 2 minutes I had a replacement iphone and a big apology from the Apple genius.

So, my experience is that Vodafone are deliberately obstructive to assisting, even under warranty, but Apple have extremely good customer service.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts