iPhone 5 Power button problem

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Almost 12 months old, my iPhone 5 does not want to switch off (power down).

Seems like there is a problem with the power button.

I went into my local Vodafone shop (where I'd bought the phone) and the young chap said that "The power button is not covered by the warranty" !

Ummm, am I right in assuming that the reasonable life of a £600 mobile phone should be at least 12 months, and that the power button should be covered by any warranty?

When I started laughing in the shop and said that what he told me was ridiculous and would he mind if I recorded our encounter on the iphone he went very quiet.

As I'd bought it outright, they didn't have a trace of when I'd bought the phone, so while I dig out the receipt from my tax return files, and back up the phone, I thought I'd seek the combined forum wisdom on where I stand as a consumer.

Any advice most welcome.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
yep. To give apple their due, this is where they usually excel :)

If you're unsure, give the store a quick call before you go, but you should be fine.

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Managed to get an appointment at our local Apple Genius Bar this morning.

Within 2 minutes I had a replacement iphone and a big apology from the Apple genius.

So, my experience is that Vodafone are deliberately obstructive to assisting, even under warranty, but Apple have extremely good customer service.

TRENDING THREADS