Internet tv wirelessly in bedroom?

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Is there a cheap box to stream live freeview/sat tv in my bedroom/kitchen via my wireless router?
Dumb question? I use a wireless sender currently but would like an independant signal.
Cheers

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
Is there a cheap box to stream live freeview/sat tv in my bedroom/kitchen via my wireless router? Dumb question? I use a wireless sender currently but would like an independant signal.

What do you mean by independant signal?

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
Thanks cb. I certainly dont want to tie up my tablet and pi? I'll take a look at that likkul device but not sure its the answer??

problem is that there aren't many avenues for getting freeview over t'internet, so you're a bit limited by what offerings there are and what supports them.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
He didn't necessarily say he wanted it over the internet, he just wanted wireless transmission to the room, presumably from a central location (I take it getting an aerial cable run to the room isn't a goer?).

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
He didn't necessarily say he wanted it over the internet, he just wanted wireless transmission to the room, presumably from a central location (I take it getting an aerial cable run to the room isn't a goer?).

crossed wires methinks. He mentioned his wireless router, which rules out a lot of possiblities and it's probably cheaper to buy a box to hook on to the tv and watch via tv catchup el al, rather than something that would convert the signal in to IP to stream across the wireless router.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Think ureka! First seen on BidTV but after some research ordered a Justop android tv unit from Amazon.
http://www.justop.com/catalog/index.php?desktop&dispatch=products.view&product_id=30175
Will lwt u know.how it performs

TRENDING THREADS