Internet Radio Gone?

swiftmick

Nov 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi
Can anyone help?
My Marantz NR1604 network receiver is no longer playing internet radio?
I am all connected up correctly. I have also noticed that the vTuner has gone from my Humax FVR-5000T Set top box
Anyone advise?

Bumpy

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
Hi
Can anyone help?
My Marantz NR1604 network receiver is no longer playing internet radio?
I am all connected up correctly. I have also noticed that the vTuner has gone from my Humax FVR-5000T Set top box
Anyone advise?
Hi I have a Marantz cr m611. Can’t get internet radio and been told I need to pay 3us dollars a month plus bank charges to an unknown site to get it back. Have asked Marantz for a firmware update to enable use of other radio providers but have not received a response from Marantz so I suppose my unit is now obsolete

DCarmi

The company who supply Internet Radio to Marantz and other seems to be having some "issues". After a service outage, Bose switched to TuneIn causing the vTuner CEO to get a tad annoyed! vTuner gets cash from the manufactures for each device sold. They seem to be switching to an annual charge for the user (or maybe both), which may well be a more sustainable business model.

I think the vTuner is currently $3 per annum.

Personally, I think it would be preferable to allow the user to select their own choice of radio supplier, much as we do with music streaming.

Bumpy

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
Many thanks for a very clear reply. That all makes sense but feel strongly that Marantz could easily supply a firmware change. Luckily i only use the Marantz in my man cave and my main homesystem radios and various laptops pcs etc still have full access. Not sure I will buy Marantz or their associate companies products again as one would expect upgrades to cope with these issues. Thanks again

Bumpy

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
Yes they are giving you a website address on Marantz to pay the money and get a code. Not happy to pay to foreign site. Had a response from Marantz stating they will enhance new systems to have the flexibility to retune to another provider. I have asked for them to provide a firmware update if they can’t then replace my system. They are blaming Bose for providing v tuner facility without paying the fee to the internet radio provider

TRENDING THREADS