Interconnect Upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

Following on from an earlier post of mine I currently have a Yamaha DSP A5 AV Amplifier and a Phillips CD624 CD Player. I am looking to upgrade my stereo music side of the setup with the addition of a second hand integrated amplifier (probably audiolab 8000a) and a new CD player not decided yet.

Initial plans are to add the stereo applilfier first utilising the old philips player and then upgrade the player in due course when I decide on what I want.

My question is - Will I see much improvement between the Yamaha amplifier and phillips CD player by upgrading the interconnects (I am currently using a 17 year old home made set of interconnects, using satellite cable and gold phono plugs, someone suggested 17 years ago this would produce a better sound than the standard interconnects) or should I just wait until I have upgraded to the Amplifier and new CD player?

Would I see much improvement from the Phillips CD player, through the Audiolab amp with different interconnects?

Jason

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, your existing interconnects are a bit of an unknown quantity, though I'd suspect some oxidisation will have occurred in the meantime and caused some deterioration.

Yes I think the change to a stereo amp will bring the biggest gain, followed by a CD player upgrade. Cable changes can come later - you might want to start with something reasonable but affordable, such as Chord Company Crimson. Or get out the soldering iron and make some new cables, maybe?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts