Interconnect recommendations

Last night I cleaned all my RCAs, realised there's a couple that's as old as Tower bridge.... certainly look it.

They sound okay, just looking to zhoosh up the sound a little. Other cables, which are fine, are Merlin Chopin and Chord Crimson.

Don't want to spend silly money as they are connected to the Bluray player & Sky box.

Cheers

skinnypuppy71

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
Njc audio ( British cottage industry hi-fi located in Devon) actually make their own cables...I have two pairs and don't see why I'd need to spend any more..I also have the headphone amp and dac...love their attitude towards audio, no snake oil here, just good solid British engineering. scroll to the bottom of the page for the i/c's.

Last edited:

TrevC

Last night I cleaned all my RCAs, realised there's a couple that's as old as Tower bridge.... certainly look it.

They sound okay, just looking to zhoosh up the sound a little. Other cables, which are fine, are Merlin Chopin and Chord Crimson.

Don't want to spend silly money as they are connected to the Bluray player & Sky box.

Cheers

All short interconnects made of ordinary wire will sound the same at line level.

Reactions: shadders

Cheers
Here we go again......
If those cables still work why the need to replace them? The wiring in my house is older than them...

shadders

Burn-in believers would say that's a benefit- they must sound better than they did out of the box.
Hi,
After a decade or so, the electrons wear out. They suffer from the quantum effect which causes their transit time through the conductor to decline with a very slight negative gradient.

To reinvigorate the electron flow, then cryogenic treatment is required. The optimal is liquid nitrogen bathing (the cable) for 30 minutes, but a similar effect can be obtained by placing the cables in your freezer (-18deg C) for 1 week.

Regards,
Shadders.

aversaurus

I use qed cables just the entry level ones work great .
With a voucher I got for Christmas I splashed out on a cord c digital cable and I could tell the difference and stopped using it after a week or two

Vincent Kars

Burn-in believers would say that's a benefit- they must sound better than they did out of the box.

This is my favorite treatise on this subject.

After many exhaustive hours of listening tests, I have determined that when a cable is burned-in, it is actually ruined. No cable should be used for more than a few hours, as the stresses on the insulation and the agitation of the copper molecules cause permanent changes to the structure of the cable - these changes are invariably for the worse, and fresh unused cables can be proven by listening tests to be superior in all respects.

The characteristics of the insulation change very subtly as the cable is stressed by signal voltages, and this has an as yet unexplained effect on the stereo imaging, and in particular causes veiling of the high frequencies and a loss of presence in the upper midrange. In extreme cases, the authority of the bass also suffers, with the lower registers lacking speed and power.

All the above defects are rectified by substitution of a new set of cables - the brilliance is restored and the finer details are brought back into startling realism. Bass speed is improved tenfold by a brand new unused mains cable, and new interconnects have a profound effect on the upper frequencies where detail is paramount.

I could say all these things (I just did :) and I would be lying through my teeth.

Rod Elliott

Tinman1952

Cheers. Chord cables tend to work well with my system. But I can't use optical for obvious reasons.
You could also try these. Very well made and not too pricey.... I like Atlas cables...🙂

The truth is I'm replacing the I/C from the Sky box to the aux input of the amp because it occasionally dies in one channel. I've switched the cables around (the CDP into Aux, tuner) and used the Sky box cables in the CD and tuner... those cables from the Sky box are the culprits. So not changing cables for the sake of it

Reactions: Al ears
You could also try these. Very well made and not too pricey.... I like Atlas cables...🙂

Rather like my Equators. Good spot.

Reactions: Tinman1952

robdmarsh

Hi,
After a decade or so, the electrons wear out. They suffer from the quantum effect which causes their transit time through the conductor to decline with a very slight negative gradient.

To reinvigorate the electron flow, then cryogenic treatment is required. The optimal is liquid nitrogen bathing (the cable) for 30 minutes, but a similar effect can be obtained by placing the cables in your freezer (-18deg C) for 1 week.

Regards,
Shadders.
Ha, ha... alternatively, have you used those things on the side of your head recently? You may find out that all interconnects are equal... but some interconects are more equal than others! ;) :unsure:

robdmarsh

The truth is I'm replacing the I/C from the Sky box to the aux input of the amp because it occasionally dies in one channel. I've switched the cables around (the CDP into Aux, tuner) and used the Sky box cables in the CD and tuner... those cables from the Sky box are the culprits. So not changing cables for the sake of it
Chord C-line definitely gave my system a lift.... as did Chord clearway X speaker cables after I'd connected them the right way round and got them blessed by the pope over Whatsapp!
(Actually, they are seriously rather good...)

Reactions: plastic penguin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts