Integrated amp for MA RX6?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
In your situation it's Yamaha vs Marantz. I compared both side by side and my first impression with the Marantzes was how flimsy and cheaply made they felt compared to the Yamaha's. Soundwise the Yamaha was on par and more, equally smooth but with added scale of sound.

Earendil

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so I have narrowed it down to these: Marantz PM8005, Yamaha A-S1000 and Onkyo A-9070. Any comments on the pairing of any of these with the RX6's would be greatly appreciated!

Vladimir, comments I have read say the PM8005 is really well built, maybe you were tlaking about other models?

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I have the same impression that they are well built from photos and videos, but when I actually gropped them it kinda felt meh... Same effect with HK integrateds. Only the Yamaha felt robust like the amps of old.

Again these are my personal fiddly thoughts. Either amp of those three would make me a happy man, and I have no doubt you as well.

Earendil

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Well now I have read that for around the same money, both the Arcam A19 or NAD C 356BEE might be better choices. I guess I will never reach a conclusion just by reading.

Anyway, what is you opinion about them?

Most Arcams have a fairly neutral signature, detailed and the midrange is sublime IMO, although not heard the A19 as yet. Can't see it being any different from other models, though.

Have heard numerous Nads over the years, and they demonstrate plenty of power that's a good match for the MAs. However, for my tastes, they can be a little bass-heavy. Arcam doesn't have the powerbut IMHO they are better balanced between the frequencies than the Nads.

Both Nad and Arcam are very good matches for the MA Silver ranges.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts