Integrated amp for MA RX6?

Earendil

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone! I'm setting up a new stereo system and don't have a lot of options where I am. So far I have decided to go for the Monitor Audio RX-6, but I'm not sure of what the right amp would be. My options are the ONKYO A-9050, A-9030, TX-8050, and maybe, if I can justify it, the A-9070. There are a couple of Marantz models I might be able to get, as well as Yamaha, but those are the only brands available here.

Thanks for any help!

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
normally i would have said arcam would have been the perfect match as the two brands go so well together, so maybe go with the marantz options you have as they have a smooth presentation similar to arcam

Earendil

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I'll check the availability of those just to make sure, thanks! I was under the impression that the marantz amps might be underpowered, but this is just from reading specs, I guess I'm wrong?

Contrary to common consensus, RX6 and RS6 will benefit best from an amp with a textured midrange, such as Creek Evo range, Arcam or Class A amps.

Avoid any amp that may provoke the metal domed tweeter, especially if you're system is in a reflective room.

Earendil

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions! What about th Yamaha A-S500? It is more within my budget, I would like to spend up to 600 USD or so, since my financial future is uncertain at best :roll:

I would like to have at least 2 or 3 analogue imputs, and a digital one with a nice DAC but I don't really need it. For the time being I can play from my computer via line out and get a good DAC later. My main sources are going to be my old Techincs CD player and my IBasso DX100 which has an excellent DAC.

Earendil

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Yes! That would certainly be the best I could do. Unluckily there are not many audi stores here, and the only ones I know of have just a few onkyo stereo amps to test. There are Yamaha and Marantz models but those are 5.1 or 7.1 which I'm not really interested in. They can bring other models If I want to buy. I'm also finding out what I need to do to import myself, but it most lkely will have to be a blind, or rather mute, buy!

That's why I need some advice, so thanks!

KidKomet

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
The Creek Evo 50a would be an excellent idea, though may be slightly out of budget. If it were my decision, instead of buying something in budget, I'd save up and get something that'll really drive them. The Yamaha AS-1000 is definitely worth a look, as would be the Pioneer A-50 or A-70 if you can get a demo.

Earendil

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Man you are getting me worked up on the A-S1000, it really looks like it would rock. It is a bit out of my budget though, I suppose I could make the effort if I had to, you guys really think it is worth the price premium over the A-S500? This one seems like a good buy too.

Earendil said:
Man you are getting me worked up on the A-S1000, it really looks like it would rock. It is a bit out of my budget though, I suppose I could make the effort if I had to, you guys really think it is worth the price premium over the A-S500? This one seems like a good buy too.

The A-S500 review points towards a bright presentation, so unless you have a well-damped room I would still look at Marantz or Creek as a better match for MAs hard domed tweeter.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Earendil said:

The A-S500 review points towards a bright presentation, so unless you have a well-damped room I would still look at Marantz or Creek as a better match for MAs hard domed tweeter.

I suggest he OP demos for himself - I dont know how you get to the assumption how this amp/speaker will sound!

OP - please go and demo for yourself prefably in your listening room (find a good dealer)

PP your posts sound like the syntax from many what hifi reviews - ie bollox

stevebrock said:
plastic penguin said:
Earendil said:

Are you all sitty comftybold two-square on your botty? Then I'll begin.
  • Now, like all real life experience stories, this also begins once a polly tito, and Happiness Stan, whose life evolved the ephemeral colour dreamy most, and his deep joy in this being the multicolour of the moon. Oh yes. His home a victoriana charibold, the four-wheel folloped ft-ft-ft out the back. Now, as eve on his deep approach, his eye on the moon. Alltime sometime deept joy of a full moon scintyladen dangly in the heavenly bode. But now only half! So, gathering all behind him the hintermost, he ploddy-ploddy forward into the deep complicadent fundermold of the forry to sort this one out.
Is that better?

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
stevebrock said:
plastic penguin said:
Earendil said:

• Now, like all real life experience stories, this also begins once a polly tito, and Happiness Stan, whose life evolved the ephemeral colour dreamy most, and his deep joy in this being the multicolour of the moon. Oh yes. His home a victoriana charibold, the four-wheel folloped ft-ft-ft out the back. Now, as eve on his deep approach, his eye on the moon. Alltime sometime deept joy of a full moon scintyladen dangly in the heavenly bode. But now only half! So, gathering all behind him the hintermost, he ploddy-ploddy forward into the deep complicadent fundermold of the forry to sort this one out.
Is that better?

You should at least learn to cut & paste properly

stevebrock said:
plastic penguin said:
stevebrock said:
plastic penguin said:
Earendil said:

Is that better?

You should at least learn to cut & paste properly

You should learn to shut it!!

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
smileys-coffee-220654.gif

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
There really isn't that much sonic difference between well made tube and SS amps. You two kiss and make up now. You're upsetting Floy here.

Handshake_emoticon___UPDATED.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts