Integrate home cinema into HiFi

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I have my plasma and Blu Ray hooked up tp my 2 channel set up, (Marantz and Wilson benesch - £7,000)

I would like to combine this with home cinema without changing any of it, any nods in the right direction would be much appreciated (I can't afford to add more Wilson Benech Speakers)

Cheers

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
wickerman68:
Hi

I have my plasma and Blu Ray hooked up tp my 2 channel set up, (Marantz and Wilson benesch - £7,000)

I would like to combine this with home cinema without changing any of it, any nods in the right direction would be much appreciated (I can't afford to add more Wilson Benech Speakers)

Cheers

You are very vague here wickerman. Do you want a 5.1 system? Or do you just want to connect your WB speakers to your home cinema set up? If you want to add a centre, rear speakers and subwoofer and an AV amp, what is your budget??

John Duncan

The theory would be to get an AV receiver with preout sockets so that the front two channels of its output went to your stereo amp, thus feeding your WBs, while the other 3.1 speakers are powered by the receiver.

The reality is that with such an esoteric 2-channel setup, finding gear that would integrate smoothly with the WB fronts is going to be pricey - I might be inclined to miss out the centre in this case and use the WBs to provide a phantom centre channel instead - though obviously it depends on precisely what your budget is - it may be that you can find a centre that's "good enough" whilst not exactly being the two grand-odd Square Centre......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts