installing a 37 inch lcd philips on the wall

steakers

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
does anyone have any good tips or links to sites for brackets etc is this a basic DIY job or shall i get the pros in , its for my sons room , what are the best sort of brackets out there for stability etc.

michael hoy

steakers:does anyone have any good tips or links to sites for brackets etc is this a basic DIY job or shall i get the pros in , its for my sons room , what are the best sort of brackets out there for stability etc.

If you can use a drill and a screw driver it is a simple job, main thing is to use the recommended screws and make sure it is level.

Have a look here for an example.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
The main question is not about the bracket – each will state was size, weight and type it's designed for – but the nature of the wall.

If it's a stud / partition wall as opposed to brick / blockwork then you'll probably not be able to put anything bigger than 20 - 26" up.

For a decent size telly DON'T try fixing to plaster board.

We put a 42" 32KG plasma on the wall ourselves. It's brick so no problem. It's relatively straightforward. Make sure you have the right tools and drill bits etc so you get the right size hole for the rawl plugs so you get a good fix.

Never try it by yourself. Even a small TV could be tricky with one pair of hands. Most electricians will install and this isn't a bad idea as they can advise on hiding cables etc.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Most important thing is to find out what kind of wall it is. These fixings are fantastic for dot n dab walls, I hung a 50" 40kg plasma on a wall and it's as solid as a rock.

http://www.drylinepro.com/

A

Anonymous

Hi i have my sony 40 inch KDL40W4000 on the wall above fireplace using a bracket based on the screen size. Was a bit nervous when putting it up .Think i used 3/4inch screws with large washers on the ends. The brackets come with loads of holes. Drill a few extra in on the recommended amount doesnt hurt as long as each hole isnt to close to the next one. Its well sturdy too. You can do it yourself easy 2 man job to lift the tv though. Good luck mate

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
I used ones like BBB... superb !... also in my child's room.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

I got a local handy man to hang my 37" LCD onto drywall. He only charged me £20 and it's as safe as houses :)

Tonestar1

I have a 46 inch Sony fixed to a plasterboard wall with no issues. Just make sure you use good quality metal, self drill screws or wall anchors. Also use plenty of them and make sure they are spread out to make sure the weight is distributed evenly.

mca420.jpg
or
msp420.jpg

I think I used about a 16 of them. I actually hung on to the bracket with my full weight just to make sure it was secure before mounting my tv on it.

TRENDING THREADS