Indulgence show 2017 (Tomorrow)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Yeah it auto checks the content some is allowed some is blocked on phones some is blocked full stop.

Thats a challenge of the project especially when you have no control over the content being played :)

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Can’t watch the PMC or the KEF video on iPad not sure why YouTube would block those videos as I’ve seen plenty on YouTube that has a similar content without a issue .

Have you asked YouTube why your videos keep getting blocked ? As it’s got to be something there end or a sitting or something .

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Its the music in the video thats blocked not the video.
I couldn't control the music demos obviously its a general show.
They will play fine on a computer which is the really silly part

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Tried so hard to post the show review. Every time it comes up with a spam filter. I've sent numerous reports to the firm involved. Anything else I can do?

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
QuestForThe13thNote said:
Tried so hard to post the show review. Every time it comes up with a spam filter. I've sent numerous reports to the firm involved. Anything else I can do?

i often get snookered posting from my iPad, but find it's OK from the iMac.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Oh ok I see. Using iPad too. I'll try it from my pc now. Thanks.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

They should have had them in a room I think. I was chatting to you Ellis in the russ Andrews room but didn't get a chance to introduce myself as you looked busy. I was wearing red trousers and blue hoody if you remember. Simon.ps hope what you are doing works.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Yeah man of course, nice to meet you mate. You seem sweet buddy

You had the exact same demos as me - you must have had cheese in your ears... :)

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site

You had the exact same demos as me - you must have had cheese in your ears... :)

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

The cor was good and I heard it with the white fact 8s they had. I also then heard the avm 8.2 cs with the fact 8s and it was different class. Much wider sound, tighter, more detail and bass responsiveness. I thought that combo bloody good. Still can't post my report I did as still being blocked by a spam filter.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

ellisdj said:

Thanks for the compliment. If it helps you to check out what cyrus is like for your reviews, you are welcome to come to mine anytime (Sussex, Haywards Heath )

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I appreciate the offer, thats kind of you, I know Cyrus is very good and you have a mighty stack of them so must be good.

The PMC Twenty5 2.1 of whatever they had on in my demo with the AVM sounded excellent.

AVM is very interesting to me atm based on yesterday as is the Corr, be good to spend some more time with them.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

The floorstander version of the 21 with the same drivers, is the 23, like I have. And a better speaker. They have a much deeper sound due I think to the longer tl with a longer length over which all but lowest frequencies are absorbed. The standmount 22 with the same drivers as the 24 is a different sound to the 21/23, and a bigger bassier sound, then the floorstander 24 improves on that again. But the 26 floorstander beats them all with 3 way design, and many prefer this above the fact series now. I just think it's different to the facts.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Computer Audio Design CAD, Trilogy, Kaiser Acoustics - Demo of CAD Ground Control devices

I have added a quick A/B to the end of the video to make the comparison easier to hear. They clearly work

ellisdj said:
Cant really complain if your getting Kef blade sound for £4k - had brexit since then as well dont forget
Wouldve replied earlier, but was busy at the show the last couple of days. Being "reminded" of KEF Blades isn't the same as sounding like KEF Blades - the nearest in sound you'll get to KEF Blades around £4K will be the Reference Ones, but you're certainly not going to get what Blades can do at anywhere near £4k :)

As others have said, PMC's room with the AVM components as well as their own Cor was sounding great. That new AVM pre-amp looks perfect for those wanting to "build" their own ore-amp - being able to have up to three pairs of outputs, with a choice of conventional or valve analogue outs, and up to ten inputs (depending how many outs you choose). Each digital board has four digital inputs, so technically you could have a pre-amp with forty digital inputs!

Was surprised by the Blue Aura room with the little valve amp and speakers with air motion tweeters (around £1k package) running off a Clearaudio Concept - great sounding vinyl package for £2k all in.

Couldn't stop visiting the Ophidian room - I'm sure designer Gareth James has stolen my music collection...

Kudos room was sounding really good too - managed to *** in towards the end of yesterday when they were playing some decent music (i.e. non hi-fi).

Auden Distribution's room with the Amphion Argon 7LS speakers driven by CAAS Audio amplification was sounding really good for the size of the room, and once again demonstrating that reflective rooms aren't an issue for Amphion speakers - you could hear your own voice reverberating around the room, but not the music!

Star of the show for me (I didn't get round it all) was KEF's demo with Arcam electronics, using the new Q Series in a 7.2.4 Atmos set up. Kraftwerk's live Bluray sounded sublime, with waves of music and sound effortlessly flowing throughout the room.

Found the show a bit of a maze really, as it wasn't like Bristol where it's mainly corridors with a sensible layout - the lower floors where quite open, and more like a maze. Not particularly intuitive.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

One of the stars of the show was the new pro ac dt8 with a sugden amp, tt, and Cyrus phono signature. Really nice balance. I liked ophidian speakers but they didn't seem greatly controlled in bass, but I think playing loud in a tiny room didn't help. Would like to see what they would do in an average room. I didn't really like the expensive pair of kudos speakers that much. I like kudos but didn't really like the 707s they had. Too much straining in high frequencies. The kef reference arcam home cinema set up was very involving I thought too. Pmc fact 8 and avm 8.2 best combo.

QuestForThe13thNote said:
I liked ophidian speakers but they didn't seem greatly controlled in bass, but I think playing loud in a tiny room didn't help. Would like to see what they would do in an average room.

In a normal situation, their bass is very tight and controlled, more so than much of the competition (I won't name names!). If you think of the size of the mid/bass drivers, you'd sort of expect their bass to be tight, but I'm always surprised as to just how much tighter they actually are. It's quite an even sounding bass too compared to many conventionally ported speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts