Increasing number of HDMI ports

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Guys

My panasonic pz70 only has 2 HDMI ports however I'm thinking really 3 would be better. Soon to get SKY HD and play station 3 and then hi def camcorder in new year.

What options are available? Can you get splitter boxes which are switchable / do they work well?

Cheers

Matt

A

Anonymous

Matt Just read your other post about wanting a new amplifier, that would be the way around having to buy a HDMI splitter. Using the receiver as the switch box. Just pick an amplifier which has enough inputs on it for your requirements. Then take the amplifiers HDMI ouput to one of your telly's HDMI ins.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Yes, you can get HDMI switching boxes such as the QED 4-way HDMI box which is about £250 and works really well. This enables you to connect 4 devices using HDMI, with just one HDMI cable from the switching box to the TV.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Gyp"]How much????[/quote]

Or, for slightly less, you could have a look at these.

emotion-2.gif

Gyp

Dec 17, 2007
Visit site
That's better, though I realised as soon as I sent that post that I paid about that for a set of interconnects not that long ago...

A

Anonymous

I wonder how many HDMIs tvs will eventually get. I've heard people talk about 3 HDMIs not being enough, which I agree with to some extent (obviously if you have many HD sources you will probably also have an av receiver with video switching), and would like to see more HDMIs on tvs, but I'm not sure if it is likely to happen because, old sd crt tvs never seemed to have more than three scarts. Then again, there were never that many sources back then. What do other people reckon? Also, will most HDMI switching boxes like the QED example, pass on full bandwidth HDMI 1.3a signals with 1080/24p and the high-def audio formats intact?

TRENDING THREADS