Important decision to make

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Should i sell my Denon RCD-N8 networked music player with its speakers to use the money to buy some dali zensor 1's for rear surround speakers for my home cinema or will i regret selling it? could also use the money and buy a dali centre for my home cinema.

edit: i don't actually have my home cinema yet. but my budget is kinda low still atm

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
bigboss said:
Without a doubt, a centre speaker is far important than surrounds. Whether you should sell your networked music player for it or not depends on your priorities.

well if a denon avr-x2000 with sony BDPS5200 plays music well then no i have no need for the system unless i put it in bedroom but then again i dont think i'd ever listen to music in bedroom if i have a good system in my living room.

was also contemplating using the money and selling the zensor 3's to get zensor 5's as they look better than a bookshelf on stands and im sure they have much better performance than the 3's. but with a subwoofer is there a need to get floorstanders?

I cannot comment on Zensor 3 vs Zensor 5, but generally speaking, floorstanders go deep. If you're using a subwoofer, you may not miss that. You'll have to demo and compare. I think, with limited budget, you should first focus on the centre speaker. You can then get Zensor 5 for fronts and relegate Zensor 3 for surround duties. If budget is a constraint, get Zensor 1 for rear surrounds and keep Zensor 3 for fronts.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
bigboss said:
I cannot comment on Zensor 3 vs Zensor 5, but generally speaking, floorstanders go deep. If you're using a subwoofer, you may not miss that. You'll have to demo and compare. I think, with limited budget, you should first focus on the centre speaker. You can then get Zensor 5 for fronts and relegate Zensor 3 for surround duties. If budget is a constraint, get Zensor 1 for rear surrounds and keep Zensor 3 for fronts.

think i'll focus on centre then, why does the dali centre have to be so expensive compared to other brand centre speakers!!

mght end up getting both when i move in as i wanna have richer sounds set it all up at the same time as if i purchase them later i may have a lot of messing around if i dont wanna have another installation for just the surrounds..

You could ask Richer Sounds to put the wires in for future surrounds, and maybe even put the brackets up. All you'll need to do is attach the speakers to the brackets. After installing surrounds, you'll have to recalibrate your sound system using Denon's Audyssey’s MultEQ-XT32.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
bigboss said:
You could ask Richer Sounds to put the wires in for future surrounds, and maybe even put the brackets up. All you'll need to do is attach the speakers to the brackets. After installing surrounds, you'll have to recalibrate your sound system using Denon's Audyssey’s MultEQ-XT32.

do richer sounds sell small satellite speakers? tempted to have those for the surrounds as they are small and not really that noticeable. maybe even get some cheap wharfedale 9.0's for £49 from their website just to get it all done at start and enjoy 5.1 the very first day

when budget allows in a year or so replace the wharfedale's with the zensor 1's

If you live near Bournemouth, someone's selling a used pair of Dali Zensor 1s for £146

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dali-Zensor-1-Main-Stereo-Speakers-/131177285990?pt=UK_AudioVideoElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_HiFiSpeakers&hash=item1e8ac68966

Get Richer Sounds to price match Exceptional AV:

http://exceptional-av.co.uk/dali-zensor-1-pair-open-box.html?gclid=CPX4mo_ihr4CFUP3wgodsC8Aeg

Edit: It's an open box item, so you'll have to buy it from them (RS is unlikely to price match unless you haggle a bit)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts