im looking to get the best ut of my kit help please

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i am happy with my setup its not in the league of you boys, but ive only started getting into this 5 months ago

i have a 42in full hd LG lcd, denon1909,CA640h,ps3,xbox360 elite,wii,sky hd , MA br5's,MA br centre,MAbr1's as rears.

the only upgrades i have made are a vivanco hdmi lead from av amp to tv, vivanco inters for cd player to av amp and 2 x vivanco optical leads from sky/xbox360 to amp.I know thats still a poor make but i thought it would be better than what i had been given.

I was thinking august buying a mains cleaner (tacima cs9290 £40,

september and november save for a cable upgrade chord bi-wire for my fronts i need 8 metres so thats around £85 pound, and 4 metres for my centre of the chord single which is around £22. Im going to leave my rears as there are because of funds they would need 15m and 11m i am using just using a £1 per metre stuff that i got free.

december a new mains power lead the big orange looks good for me at £40

January i was looking to put a optical to a dac beresford just the £120 one and then inters to my av amp.

Febuary ps3 and sky i am going to upgrade there hdmi leads just £30 ones

I am thinking that one change wont make a much but alot of small things might help. are there any good things i'm doing and is there any things that are pointless for me.Many thanks simon

matthewpiano

Which HDMI leads are you using? Is it the Vivanco Sound & Image ones (with the blue jacket), the Vivanco 22338, or the Vivanco Pro-Wire?

If you have the Pro-Wire HDMIs there is no rush to change them. They are extremely good leads and you will struggle to get much better. Like-wise, if your optical leads are Vivanco Pro-Wire (as opposed to the entry-level Vivanco Sound & Image range), you have very good leads.

Personally, if you can afford it, I would suggest upgrading your speaker cable before buying the Tacima. You are certainly going for the right option with Chord. Their audio cables are, IMO, the best out there.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts