I'm a newbie here and feel out of my depth, but welcome some advice from anyone about smart speakers

Feb 10, 2023
Visit site
I am in the market for a smart speaker but am unclear about how to approach selection. For a few years I have used a sonos 1. with an amazon alexa voice recognition. Sonos sound was really good, but I had problems with connectivity of the alexa device. I finished having to control sonos via a phone app.
Now I would like to star afresh with a new smart speaker with sound quality as good as sonos and with voice activation.
I listen to music (jazz, big band , and older classics stevie wonder, earth wind and fire, sinatra ) but also need to be able to listen to radio, (bbc 2,4,6 music, virgin, classic fm).
If anyone could give advice particularly about ability to access radio progs. with a smart speaker that would be really helpful.

I am in the market for a smart speaker but am unclear about how to approach selection. For a few years I have used a sonos 1. with an amazon alexa voice recognition. Sonos sound was really good, but I had problems with connectivity of the alexa device. I finished having to control sonos via a phone app.
Now I would like to star afresh with a new smart speaker with sound quality as good as sonos and with voice activation.
I listen to music (jazz, big band , and older classics stevie wonder, earth wind and fire, sinatra ) but also need to be able to listen to radio, (bbc 2,4,6 music, virgin, classic fm).
If anyone could give advice particularly about ability to access radio progs. with a smart speaker that would be really helpful.
You can choose Google Assistant on Sonos One. You don't need to buy anything else.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts