ideal source for partnering graham slee solo + Grado GS1000

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
what price bracket should i be looking at for a source to partner the graham slee and GS1000's? am i thinking along the right lines of £800- £1000? ideal candidate's are the rega apollo plus either the cyrus cd 6 se or the cd 8se. any feedback would be very much apprieciated.

A

Anonymous

Hello, I have a Graham Slee Solo with PSU 1 Power Supply .I partner it with Alessandro Music Series One Headphones, Creek Evolution C.D. Chord Chameleon Interconnect , Silver Siren Interconnect,and a Russ Andrews Classic Power Kord.

A

Anonymous

I've heard that the Grado's are an excellent Headphone so that might be the way to go. I 've also heard good reports about the Cyrus you mentioned as well. I think demoing is the best you can do to be honest because buying hi-fi gear at the end of the day is based upon how much you want to spend and what sounds best to you. There are some good buys out there so shop around, that's how I ended up with the Alessandro headphones . They are made by Grado so you could check their site out as well.

A

Anonymous

Well I've never personally checked out the GS1000/Graham Slee combo but if it's along the lines of my Grado SR325i/Project Headbox SE combination then you should be blown away- I've no doubt it represents a notch or two up from mine.

A lot of this is going to depend on how you like to listen to your music but I would consider an Arcam CD37-IMHO a superb player with SACD 2 Channel playback capability. It also has a twin CD output, which is fantastic for headphone use as you don't have to start either swapping interconnects around on the back of your amp or using a tape loop which marginally affects the sound.

Also don't forget the interconnect. Go for the very best you can afford-again IMHO a ÿChord Chorus/ Anthem/ Signet or a Van Den Hul Orchid/ MC Gold are ones I would recommend for squeezing the last ounce of quality out of your source material.ÿ

Finally, it may pay you do audition some ÿcombinations before making a final decision. Let your ears do the deciding.

ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts