claire or andrew, would the cyrus cd 8 se be overkill for grado GS1000 and the graham slee solo amp?

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
as i am seriously considering dipping my toe into the world of headphone amp and cdp set up. i currently own a hi-fi set up that consists of a rega brio 3 amp, arcam fmj cd17 cdp, and a pair of b&w 685 loudspeakers, problem is it is just not doing it for me, in fact i actually prefer to listen to some of my songs through my ipod and my grado SR60 cans, i just think i prefer the intamacy of headphone listening and am willing to spend big bucks to get a sound that will obviously blow my ipod away but will also make any serious audiophile more than happy. the set up i have in mind is the Grado GS1000 paired with the graham slee solo amp and the cyrus cd 8 se cdp. obvioulsy i'll audition before buying. also willing to hold out for the upcoming PS1000 grado's (due april i think). any advice greatly appreicated.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
gooner26:....am willing to spend big bucks to get a sound that will obviously blow my ipod away but will also make any serious audiophile more than happy.

Why are you only interested in making 'a serious audiophile' happy?

However, there are some 'serious' headphone listeners on this forum (possibly audiophiles too) who could give good advice, so why is this only for Clare or Andrew?

Why is everything in bold ?

I am not Clare but here is her preview of the Sennheiser HD800's due out soon (£1000).

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
ooop's sorry clare, will not happen again.
emotion-7.gif

TRENDING THREADS