Would you say a £700 Headphone Amp is overkill for the ProJect Debut Carbon?

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
My main system is just a Meridian M80 and SqueezeBox Touch which I'm more than happy with, recently bought my first ever TT but i get the odd crackling and interference problem which drives me nuts, I've tried everything, bought a Atacama rack, elevated the TT up high, the only thing i haven't done is position the TT across the other side of the room away from my M80, I'm sure i noticed an improvement when distancing the TT as far from my M80 as it would go but I've decided to have my TT in a different room, preferably in a headphone set-up. There is not a fault with any of my LP's or the Turntable because I'm using an old ProJect headphone amp as a stop gap and it sounds good with no distortion.

Im considering a Graham Slee Novo, Lehmann Rhinelander, or the Black Cube Linear, i have owned a BCL some years ago and it sounded like heaven when switching the gain to 0 with Grado's, so that is what my heart want's. Could do without coughing up £650 though.

Anyway advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards!

Danny

Hi Danny,

Must be a bit early for me as I am confused. Why do you need a headphone amp to connect a turntable to the M80?

Surely the M80 has it's own headphone circuit / socket?

I could suggest a phono preamp to connect to the 3.5mm analogue in socket on the M80.

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I'll be moving my Turntable into a different room so no connection to the M80 will be taking place.

I've got the Rega Fono Mini so only headphone amp required now.

Best

Danny

You could save yourself a few hundred pounds and try to audition Epiphany's EHP-02 but its only a suggestion.

Failing that you could sell on your Rega phono mini and go the Graham Slee route, buying a the Amp2 Communicator and the Novo

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
Thank you for your advice mate.

I may even just keep my ProJect headbox and just buy some Grado SR125's!

At least i'll save some money.

Best

Danny

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts