I want a home cinema system but also want my speakers to sound great with stereo music

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys well youe probably heard this kind of query before.Anyway, as im in Cyprus and products are limited here as is the oportunity to audition equipment as there arent many stores that have auditioning rooms let alone the product variety you might find in the U.K then, you may forgive me. Ive auditioned the montior audio rx 6 silver edition speakers, powered in the audition room by a marantz surround amp. The home system set up was fantastic, however when a cd player (harman kardon) was connected to the same amp the sound coming through the 2 rx 6's was disappointing. The question is can was it the amps fault? If i buy the said speakers what brand of amp should I partner it with so that I can listen to cd's through the blue ray player ( sony 470) in stereo and for it to work with in a suround sound set up, or am i obliged to get another stereo amp and hook it up to the 2 rx6 speakers everytime i want to hear music in stereo sound at a quality level an audiofile should expect? Or am I just not making sense? If im not its because Im new to home entertainmen and i want to get it right cause at the end of the day im not made of money. Any answers appreacited.

Finally which amp (brand and series) would you recommend to partner the monitor audio silver rx 6 surround sound set up?

cheers

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
As you were disappointed by the 2 channel performance of what you heard, only you are really in the position to make the choice of which amplifier will suit those speakers. If you like those speakers, try a few amplifiers out in 2 channel mode to see if anything stirs you. If nothing does, maybe an AV receiver isn't your way forward. Try the speakers out with some 2 channel amplifiers, and if that sorts your problem, run it in tandem with an AV receiver so you can get the best of both.

TRENDING THREADS