I thought my Denon 3310 wouldnt pass 3d via HMDI?

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi Folks,

My son got a new ps3 for christmas so I have it connected up via my 3310's HDMI then onto the TV - i was pleasantly surprised to see some of the games I had downloaded actually play in 3d. I would have expected a blank screen when i tried to play them in 3d mode but the tv shows full hd 3d in the info bar.

Does the ps3 do something funny with 3d compared to other blu-ray players etc?

Cheers,
Mick

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
but am i right in thinking of i piped the pictures from my Oppo 93 throught the Denon it wouldnt work in 3d mode? would be nice if i didnt need to relay on blu-ray players with dual hdmi output.. not that i'll ever part with my Oppo!

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
tried a 3d blu-ray on the ps3 but when it got to the film i just got snow.. also tried it from the Oppo via the receiver and same results.. so obviously the games are not full hd and thats why they work through 1.3 hdmi. Cheers, Mick

nads

I had a similar moment with my Amp (Onk) but instead of snow I got a message saying I needed a 3D able Player and TV..

dont game but I am sure I got the amp to pass 3D once..... cant now.

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I've been trying to get my Onkyo 905 to pass 3D from the PS3 tonight. No joy.

I bought a 3D splitter from HDcable in the hope that might work. It allowed the TV to be recognised as 3D and passed sound until I switched to a 3D game and then I lost the sound. Oh well. I do most of my gaming on the X360 so I'm not going to miss out on a huge amount. I was quite looking forward to Shadow of the Colossus in 3D though.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
would you not try going direct to the tv for 3d with HDMI and optical from the ps3 to your reciever? You loose out on lossless sound to the receiver from the ps3.. but there aint many games with that, unless use the ps3 as your main blu-ray player..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts