I Think I Have Found The Most Boring Headphones

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up a pair of Sennheiser HD650's to see what all the fuss was about. I have been listening to various music all afternoon via a Musical Fidelity X-Can V3 and a Fiio E7 & E9 combo I even dug out a Marantz PM66KI Sig integrated.

I think I have found the most boring, uninspiring, dull, uninvolving headphones available on the market today. I was going to use them in my office but I think I will probably fall asleep if I do.

Does anyone else have a contender to trump the HD650's

richie60

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Never tried a Sennheiser headphone myself, depends what type of presentation you're into & what kind of music do you like?

If you want something punchier, more upfront, maybe try a Grado SR325i headphone upwards...

Richie

A

Anonymous

eggontoast said:
I just picked up a pair of Sennheiser HD650's to see what all the fuss was about. I have been listening to various music all afternoon via a Musical Fidelity X-Can V3 and a Fiio E7 & E9 combo I even dug out a Marantz PM66KI Sig integrated.

I think I have found the most boring, uninspiring, dull, uninvolving headphones available on the market today. I was going to use them in my office but I think I will probably fall asleep if I do.

Does anyone else have a contender to trump the HD650's
are you sure the sennys are not a fake pair, as ive never found them boring,
there are plenty fake sennheiser headphones out there
i prefer my 650s to the grado 325i and have had numerous pairs of headphones over the years to my ears the senny are the best
set of headphones in there price range.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
richie60 said:
Never tried a Sennheiser headphone myself, depends what type of presentation you're into & what kind of music do you like?
I listen to all sorts of music and like certain headphones for different genres of music. I picked up the Sennheiser's to try because they have such a following and get rave reviews.

richie60 said:
If you want something punchier, more upfront, maybe try a Grado SR325i headphone upwards...

Richie
I had a pair of RS2i's, not for me I'm afraid there were lacking in bass and have overblown mids and treble.

caesar44 said:
You need to try with different sources before making a final decision.
Will do just used my office setup at present
caesar44 said:
Which kind of music you like?
Everything from Hip-hop to classical, having said that I was listening to some classical on them yesterday and they sounded pretty good with that.

dvdaudio said:
are you sure the sennys are not a fake pair, as ive never found them boring, there are plenty fake sennheiser headphones out there
no they are not fake, I haven't heard of fake 650's either.
dvdaudio said:
i prefer my 650s to the grado 325i
I agree with you there but in fairness most headphone sound better than Grado's IMO
dvdaudio said:
and have had numerous pairs of headphones over the years to my ears the senny are the best set of headphones in there price range.
They just seem to be missing something in the mids, if I add a couple of dB boost at approx 4kHz they are completely transformed and sound much better, maybe I should try a pair of HD-600's instead

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm surprised you say this - although it really is about personal taste with headphones, I've always really liked the HD650. As suggested double check theyre genuine (theres a link to a useful article on the WhatHifi news page)

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I recently bought a pair of HD650s. I understand that they need to be played in for 50 hours or so, and that the sound improves over that time.

Or did I misread something? Worth seeing/hearing how they sound after being played in, before swapping to something else.

caesar44

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
The 650's generally need a heaphone amp with a bright presentation to sound at its best. Or probably you need something more agressive, or with more bass? (for hip-hop)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts