I need consolation and to repent...

manicm

I got something named with the same initials as my username...

and spent an awfully big wad of cash on it...

my only justification is that it replaced a similar system I had for 10 years...

and it saves some legroom under my desk...

[:-*] it..

manicm

They sound stunning! No substitute for a subwoofer, but I think that can fixed by blu-tac/double-sided tape - they're not absolutely stable on my table even though they weigh nearly a kilo each, that said its bass is still great.

Listening to Yes right now, ripped in Windows Lossless. Their price still makes me wince though. I've now officially blown my toy budget for the year. No iPhone etc etc etc.

Just one issue though - I have Windows 7 - and since the MM-1 has a built-in DAC it overrides the PC's soundcard - but I can't choose to output higher than 16bit/48khz on the audio settings - I need to contact B&W about this.

manicm

If the iPod is your main source then go for the Zeppelin. An iPod and other MP3 players can be connected to the MM-1s but it's through a normal aux port - I doubt this will get your desired results.

The MM-1s are mainly for PC.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Ta for reply.

Was afraid you'd say that.

Fancy a compact setup for kitchen-diner duties, which has a useful 'stage' (aka a wide 'n' deep windowsill).

IMHO the Zeppelin doesn't sound great, considering £££s, and looks a wee bit daft.

A

Anonymous

manicm:
Just one issue though - I have Windows 7 - and since the MM-1 has a built-in DAC it overrides the PC's soundcard - but I can't choose to output higher than 16bit/48khz on the audio settings - I need to contact B&W about this.

Hey there,

As far as I know, USB is limited to 16 bit/48 khz, which kinda sucks. I guess the only workaround is to connect an external DAC to the aux of your speakers, but then that defeats the point of having them, what with them being an all in one solution.

Still, I bet they're a darn sight better than my Harman Kardon Soundstick IIs!

manicm

Murcielago:manicm:

Hey there,

As far as I know, USB is limited to 16 bit/48 khz, which kinda sucks. I guess the only workaround is to connect an external DAC to the aux of your speakers, but then that defeats the point of having them, what with them being an all in one solution.

Still, I bet they're a darn sight better than my Harman Kardon Soundstick IIs!

Well spotted, and you beat me to it. I'm creating a new post for this issue.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts