Question I have a Pioneer PL-2, Can I fit any of the Audio Technica VM 95 Cartridge/stylus combos to it?

Dec 15, 2022
Visit site
I want to replace/upgrade the cartridge and stylus on my Pioneer PL-2. I like the reviews of the Audio Technica VM95 series. Mine currently has a Audio Technica 95 (looks like the same fitting, not sure which exact model it is) . Can I use the VM95 variants with my pl-2?

I want to replace/upgrade the cartridge and stylus on my Pioneer PL-2. I like the reviews of the Audio Technica VM95 series. Mine currently has a Audio Technica 95 (looks like the same fitting, not sure which exact model it is) . Can I use the VM95 variants with my pl-2?
Yes, you can replace the stylus itself into the cartridge you already have fitted or replace the whole cartridge. The ML is probably best value for money.
Welcome to the forum by the way.

Dec 15, 2022
Visit site
Yes, you can replace the stylus itself into the cartridge you already have fitted or replace the whole cartridge. The ML is probably best value for money.
Welcome to the forum by the way.
Nice 1 thanks, much appreciated. I know a fair bit about turntables from my earlier days but did't do a lot of cartridge homework!. I got the PL-2 a couple of months back as I used to record tapes from my Dad's 1 as a teenager. I loved it then and think its a really nice unit, very heavy to. Also I've managed to get 2 Technics SL-B2'S with the pitch control, love them. Slightly more dynamic/high treble sounds compared to the pioneer which is a bit more bass feeling. The fitting for the technics seems very simple as I can unscrew the complete head shell.

Reactions: Rui

Rui

Mar 23, 2021
Visit site
i had a PL-430 direct drive , very similar with the same arm and all that comes with it in the same part.
when new it had a very good sound ,detailed and dynamic also built with metal(heavy) , only the frame is made of plastic , but when putting it to work in 2015 i notice a problem being the anti-skating enabled the stylus from passing from a certain point in a Lp record normally near the end on the two last tracks.
i tried, but couldn´t fix it ,but either than this i remenber enjoying very much the sound of it with the original cartridge from audio technica.
Recentelly, i discovered that new stylus are built with half or a 1/3 of the size of the ones built till late 80´s or early 90´s, having a lot less hours of use ,i found one old box that it said "...between 1200 hours to 1800 hours..." explaining what could cause the diference in hours of use

i had a PL-430 direct drive , very similar with the same arm and all that comes with it in the same part.
when new it had a very good sound ,detailed and dynamic also built with metal(heavy) , only the frame is made of plastic , but when putting it to work in 2015 i notice a problem being the anti-skating enabled the stylus from passing from a certain point in a Lp record normally near the end on the two last tracks.
i tried, but couldn´t fix it ,but either than this i remenber enjoying very much the sound of it with the original cartridge from audio technica.
Recentelly, i discovered that new stylus are built with half or a 1/3 of the size of the ones built till late 80´s or early 90´s, having a lot less hours of use ,i found one old box that it said "...between 1200 hours to 1800 hours..." explaining what could cause the diference in hours of use
Please stop digging up old threads.
The OP hasn't been seen since his original posting.

Rui

Mar 23, 2021
Visit site
well ,this link was in my E-mail ,but in other folder and because i receive a lot of E-mails i didn´t notice that was old ,this because i passed the what hi-fi emails for the main folder ,after cleaning my received Emails it was on top with today´s date ,i didn´t notice it .
if it had happen already the reason was the same, not digging Emails just answer to the ones on top after sending them for the main folder, i thought the older ones were in the date i received them

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts