I give up!!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Got my replacement panasonic lxd700 today and guess what? yep 20 mins after turning it on the pic went from perfect to slight yellow then to deep yellow on one side of the tv I will not be getting another, either go back to crt or try a plasma or other make lcd.
emotion-9.gif

A

Anonymous

Oh no!!!

I am getting a replacement in a few weeks time and was really hoping this would be okay!

I wonder whether it is possible that there was a bad batch and you were unfortunate enough to get another from the same lot?

I don't know whether it will help but have seen on another forum that turning down the backlight via the service menu can improve the backlight?

Panasonic told me they had never heard of this problem before I reported it!!!

A

Anonymous

Scots girl plz post a pic of "yellow cloud" u r getting on your lxd700, for all of us to know...........b'coz a lot may be getting the same problem but might not have noticed it as yet.......also, what contrast/brightness/sharpness/etc u are/were using when this yellow cloud forms/takes shape on ur tv............. this is imp for all the owners of this model

A

Anonymous

[quote user="mandeep"]Scots girl plz post a pic of "yellow cloud" u r getting on your lxd700, for all of us to know...........b'coz a lot may be getting the same problem but might not have noticed it as yet.......also, what contrast/brightness/sharpness/etc u are/were using when this yellow cloud forms/takes shape on ur tv............. this is imp for all the owners of this model[/quote]

I'm afraid I can't as I don't have a camera at the moment.. However, if you have this problem then you will be able to see it! The best way to do this is check out a blank channel and if there is no obvious backlight bleed or clouding then your TV is fine.

When I first got my TV there was a very small yellow 'cloud' visible in the top left hand corner of the screen but this has gradually spread over the weeks and is visible on the whole screen now (blank channel and dark backgrounds).
I tried changing the settings but it made no difference.

A few people with slight backlight bleed/clouding have reported that turning down the backlight has helped a lot.

I have heard from someone who got this model of TV a couple of weeks ago (manufactured Dec 07) and he doesn't have any problems so really think there may have been a problem batch?

I would like to say (again) that apart from this problem it is a brilliant TV with stunning picture and sound quality.
So really, really hope that the replacement will be okay.

A

Anonymous

Scots girl..........i dont know whether this is possible or not..but i think u can request the panasonic to delay delivery so u get the new tv from a fresh batch of tv's!

A

Anonymous

As far as I am aware I am getting my replacement from a 'fresh batch' and that is why there is a delay.

A

Anonymous

So it is true what Panasonic told me not sure what to do now
emotion-8.gif

A

Anonymous

Worth getting a replacement if you , like me, really like the Tv apart from this problem?

It seems to be a case of pot luck whether you get one with this problem. Really hope that Panasonic sort this out!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts