I finally listed my old amplifier

MajorFubar said:
I thought you traded it in for your current one? Couldn't you find anyone who would do trade?

Personally I have never kept an amp for sentimental reasons or thinking it might fit in a second system, which I never require, it would be sold to help fund the upgrade.

Speakers, however, are a different matter. ;-)

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
I thought you traded it in for your current one? Couldn't you find anyone who would do trade?
No that was the trouble as there was only one place online that was doing interest free credit for 3 years as I didn’t want to pay any interest on a expensive amplifier and they didn’t do trade-ins

i just paid a big deposit on the new one and ones my old ones sold I will pay more off on my new one .

And the place I brought the Yamaha A-S3000 from where selling the Yamaha A-S3000 for £4000 but everywhere else was £4200 so I saved there too

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Al ears said:
MajorFubar said:

Personally I have never kept an amp for sentimental reasons or thinking it might fit in a second system, which I never require, it would be sold to help fund the upgrade.

Speakers, however, are a different matter. ;-)
that’s the trouble you do get sentimental

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Somebody is going to get a good amp.
let’s hope it sells ! I started the bid at £950 as insider said I shouldn’t let it go for any less but it’s definitely a pickup only job as the amplifier is very heavy and I rather see who ever buys it see it working and they are happy with it

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
bigfish786 said:
I know it’s not the same value, but I sold my Leema on Gumtree. No fees. And it sold within a few days.
I am not to keen on Gumtree and I kind of like the protection eBay can give if things go wrong but do not like there fees and understand that Gumtree free but we will see what happens on the bay first

Blacksabbath25 said:
bigfish786 said:
I know it’s not the same value, but I sold my Leema on Gumtree. No fees. And it sold within a few days.
I am not to keen on Gumtree and I kind of like the protection eBay can give if things go wrong but do not like there fees and understand that Gumtree free but we will see what happens on the bay first

i think gumtree is owned by eBay. But don’t quote me on that. Lol.

Tbh, it’s just another way of getting it out there, for people to see.

I only do local pickup and cash, so there are no problems there.

You can always try Hifiwigwam sales page too.

Good luck anyway.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Hope the sale goes well for you. Niche product at the upper end of what people will pay, and collection only (but that's understandable), so all that counts against you of course. But you only need a couple of people nearby who really want it to start a bidding war against each other, and you can watch the ££££'s roll in while they scrap.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Hope the sale goes well for you. Niche product at the upper end of what people will pay, and collection only (but that's understandable), so all that counts against you of course. But you only need a couple of people nearby who really want it to start a bidding war against each other, and you can watch the ££££'s roll in while they scrap.
it would be nice if that happened but the amplifier is far to heavy to post and it’s better for the person who is interested in buying it to see it working so takes the stress out of it for the buyer as it must be a nightmare to buy hifi equipment secondhand and not knowing if it’s got a fault with it or not .

And at least I would be happy knowing that the person went away happy

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
bigfish786 said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
bigfish786 said:

i think gumtree is owned by eBay. But don’t quote me on that. Lol.

Tbh, it’s just another way of getting it out there, for people to see.

I only do local pickup and cash, so there are no problems there.

You can always try Hifiwigwam sales page too.

Good luck anyway.
thanks

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Sell it on Ebay when they are offering a £1 selling fee, which they do quite regularly these days. Also if collection only make it cash only. All in all you're not paying loads of fees then,

Blacksabbath25 said:
MajorFubar said:
it would be nice if that happened but the amplifier is far to heavy to post and it’s better for the person who is interested in buying it to see it working so takes the stress out of it for the buyer as it must be a nightmare to buy hifi equipment secondhand and not knowing if it’s got a fault with it or not .

Take it from me nothing is too heavy to post by declaring buyer collection only cuts your intended market done to a very few.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Al ears said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
MajorFubar said:
it would be nice if that happened but the amplifier is far to heavy to post and it’s better for the person who is interested in buying it to see it working so takes the stress out of it for the buyer as it must be a nightmare to buy hifi equipment secondhand and not knowing if it’s got a fault with it or not  .

Take it from me nothing is too heavy to post by declaring buyer collection only cuts your intended market done to a very few.

When I sold my Hegel on eBay I also listed it collection only.
That still didn't stop every Chinese and European asking for postage quotes

Speakers and amps that are heavy and put the price on the p and p....my b&w cm5's were around 25kg once packaged...sold no problem without issue...although I did sell my atacama eris 5.0 rack in the original 4 separate boxes and a certain company lost one of them somehow ....but I had declared that it was pick up only or "buyer arrange their own courrier"..which he did ...so I wasn't liable for the Lost unit...but did feel a tad guilty for some reason.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The company who dinged that top plate should have paid for it’s replacement! It’s sloppy and careless workmanship and they have - potentially - put you out of pocket. If the amplifier was really ‘mint’ (as in brand new, unmarked condition) you’d get more.

Good luck but you can’t say ‘mint’ when it’s dinged ...

s-l1600.jpg

I remember selling a Naim system once where the LCD display on the CD player was ‘bleeding’ a little around the edge of the panel.

I spent weeks waiting after my dealer sent it back to Naim to replace the part. However it eventually arrived back, repaired and looking even better than I remembered! (They had also cleaned and serviced it inside and out.)

It meant I ended up with about £100 more than I had expected after the ebay auction finished.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I sold Monitor Audio Gold Book shelves and Meridian G61 Procesor to buyers in China

I was worried but they paid expensive courier fees and all was well. Used UPS and it was quicker than using some domestic services

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
chebby said:
The company who dinged that top plate should have paid for it’s replacement! It’s sloppy and careless workmanship and they have - potentially - put you out of pocket. If the amplifier was really ‘mint’ (as in brand new, unmarked condition) you’d get more.

Good luck but you can’t say ‘mint’ when it’s dinged ...

I remember selling a Naim system once where the LCD display on the CD player was ‘bleeding’ a little around the edge of the panel.

I spent weeks waiting after my dealer sent it back to Naim to replace the part. However it eventually arrived back, repaired and looking even better than I remembered! (They had also cleaned and serviced it inside and out.)

It meant I ended up with about £100 more than I had expected after the ebay auction finished.
the amplifier mint apart from that mark which you can’t tell unless you throw a lot of light on it and it wasn’t like that before I sent it of for repair and when I got the amplifier back from repair I noticed the mark on the top plate which peed me right off as I look after my stuff .

And the worst of it was I took the amplifier to the shop myself in its box and the amplifier had its wrapping on in side so it wouldn’t get marks on it so I took the care just to get it back with a mark on it I wasn’t very pleased .

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
I just read your eBay and it's very honest of you to mention the warranty repair but I think that will put many off.
well if it doesn’t sell I’ve got 2 amplifiers but I thought I would be honest as it adds extra warranty to the amplifier which can be a good thing in a way and also explains the small mark as well .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts