I finally listed my old amplifier

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
FWIW. IMO. There are 3 Speakers that the Dalis would need to beat in a Demo:

- Kef Reference 3s (or even 1s)

- ATC SCM 40s

- Sonus Faber Olympica 11s

If you still prefered the Dalis, you could buy with confidence.

I don't think they could do that. But possibly bs is used to the large drivers pushing air.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
But definitely would not reduce driver size for anything.

I've even been thinking of getting those 10 inch tannoys

Bs thats why they are so cheap ATM because they are end of line
If they weren't they would be far more expensive.
That's why I mention a bargain chance.
But go with your heart not what I say. I just try and make you aware of what's possible.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:

Bs thats why they are so cheap ATM because they are end of line If they weren't they would be far more expensive. That's why I mention a bargain chance. But go with your heart not what I say. I just try and make you aware of what's possible.
they do look lovely a specially in walnut finish and they are not made out of MDF they are made out of solid plywood Burch Wood

I noticed they do a model under the TANNOY DC10TI I think they are DC08TI which I think have 8” drivers and cheaper but anyway Andrew if I brought them it would be blind buy because no where around where I live sells them and I just can’t take that risk on buying blind on speakers but the reviews I’ve read about them are very good .

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
Andrewjvt said:

Bs thats why they are so cheap ATM because they are end of line If they weren't they would be far more expensive. That's why I mention a bargain chance. But go with your heart not what I say. I just try and make you aware of what's possible.
they do look lovely a specially in walnut finish and they are not made out of MDF they are made out of solid plywood Burch Wood 

I noticed they do a model under the TANNOY DC10TI  I think they are DC08TI which I think have 8” drivers and cheaper but anyway Andrew if I brought them it would be blind buy because no where around where I live sells them and I just can’t take that risk on buying blind on speakers but the reviews I’ve read about them are very good .

Ask ellis to see if he can do a video review for you as it's from nintronics.
Anyway I'll try not to influence you as it's your decision as long as you are aware of what's available.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Macspur said:
BigH said:
Macspur said:

They are stand mounts and he says "with rock music these speakers were lifeless and dull and flat". .

must admit, didn't read the whole thing... never known a SF speaker to sound dull and lifeless before.

He loved them with vocals and jazz but not rock. As BS is a rock fan, I don't think they are suitable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts