I finally listed my old amplifier

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

gasolin

A bit more bass they go down to 27hz +/- 3db and are danish https://www.dynaudio.com/home-audio/excite/x44

Excite_detail4[1].jpg

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
http://www.nintronics.co.uk/brands/Tannoy/tannoy-dc10ti.html?Colour=15233&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI--GFmvu72gIVw7vtCh1nmgFPEAQYASABEgKm_fD_BwE

At nintronics

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
insider9 said:
Andrewjvt said:
Andrewjvt said:

Hey you go Hard to beat these at the price
Oh yes! There's something so right about Tannoy dual concentric design. And these look gorgeous.

How they'd sound in Sabbaths room with his Yamaha is anyone's guess.
this is the trouble and if they are a great match with ny yamaha *smile* i will look around and take my time

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
insider9 said:
Andrewjvt said:
Andrewjvt said:

Hey you go
Hard to beat these at the price
Oh yes! There's something so right about Tannoy dual concentric design. And these look gorgeous.

Your getting some serious driver/volume
These definitions are in KEF reference range imo.

If I were looking at passive new
These would be top of my list

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
insider9 said:
Andrewjvt said:
Andrewjvt said:

Hey you go Hard to beat these at the price

Your getting some serious driver/volume These definitions are in KEF reference range imo.

If I were looking at passive new These would be top of my list
they do look very nice but I need to trade my opticon 8s in and if I put my opticons on eBay I would be lucky to get £1400 for them and pay fees

I have saved some money and with the sale of my old amplifier I have about £1800 in cash then obviously what ever my opticon’s sell for

gasolin

I looked at retail prices and as many recommend the focal 706 for it not agressive top and that the price is under £1800 a pair it could be a good choice

If it sounds better that what BS has it's not up to us to deside,just recommned speakers that could be worth listening to, than BS could judge for him self if it's better than what he already have.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
FWIW. IMO. There are 3 Speakers that the Dalis would need to beat in a Demo:

- Kef Reference 3s (or even 1s)

- ATC SCM 40s

- Sonus Faber Olympica 11s

If you still prefered the Dalis, you could buy with confidence.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
thats £1800 cash plus what ever i get for the dalis which would might be £1400 if i am lucky but a dealer would give me less £800 ? i think but at least if richer sounds agree tomorrow then i am ok but if i am looking at other makes of speakers then i would need to put more cash towards the next speaker

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Andrewjvt said:

Hey you go Hard to beat these at the price.

I love ATC but don't think they are what you are looking for or what you'd be used to.
I must confess I do like the look of thoses tannoy speakers and been reading around about them they are extremely well made speakers for that money but are they discontinued now ? I would have to find someone who demonstrates tannoys and that model locally

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
I must confess I do like the look of thoses tannoy speakers and been reading around about them they are extremely well made speakers for that money but are they discontinued now ? I would have to find someone who demonstrates tannoys and that model locally

I have heard them, but it was a while ago. From memory, they were clean, revealing and pretty neutral....and imo work well with an amp/source that has a hint of warmth.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
BigH said:
Macspur said:

They are stand mounts and he says "with rock music these speakers were lifeless and dull and flat". .
i would not go for stand mounts anyway it has to be floor standing speakers for me and if richer sounds tomorrow say yes thats ok to bring back my opticon i will end up with rubicon 8s as i am happy with the opticon 8s and the rubicon 8s should give me a bit more in what i like and very close to the epicon sound

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts