I don’t agree with this:

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

See here don’t buy an 8K TV now:

The current Samsung 8k Qled range is coming in cheaper than their flagship counterparts eg a Samsung 55q90r is currently £1800 if you price match at RGB Direct and use a code it comes to £2000 for the Samsung 55q950r 8k TV and you get a £1100 mobile phone too. So I say go right ahead if you can get a good deal, what are you losing?

D

Deleted member 2457

At the moment, it doesn't make much sense buying an 8K TV as there's hardly any 8K content apart from a couple of demo materials. Everything you see will be processed and upscaled instead of pure native picture.
What happens if it’s the same price as a 4k one though or even cheaper?

Even if same price, I would go for 4K anytime. 8K may appear cheaper than flagship 4K TVs due to deals, but there's usually no picture improvement between a flagship 4K and the next cheaper range down. You pay for aesthetics and sound. Sound is of no use to me as I have a separate sound system.

Reactions: Deleted member 2457
D

Deleted member 2457

Personally I go for the latest tech I can buy.

D

Deleted member 2457

Even if same price, I would go for 4K anytime. 8K may appear cheaper than flagship 4K TVs due to deals, but there's usually no picture improvement between a flagship 4K and the next cheaper range down. You pay for aesthetics and sound. Sound is of no use to me as I have a separate sound system.
That maybe the case with OLED but not Samsung‘s QLED the top range is way better than the lower models. In fact that’s not true:

Interesting next time I will investigate the lower models more - cheers BB!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2457

That maybe the case with OLED but not Samsung‘s QLED the top range is way better than the lower models. In fact that’s not true:

Interesting next time I will investigate the lower models more - cheers BB!

Although when you factor in the prices of 2 models down (which I did when buying) its still only £200 cheaper than the 8K model by the time you have sold or kept the phone. I am really pleased with my deal, like I say if you can get a Samsung 8k Qled at RGB Direct prices you are laughing. It’s easily the best TV available for quality and pricing!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2457

The latest tech is never mature, and It usually ends up being a few generations on that works properly without issues or compatibility problems.
I was changing TVs anyway but the 4K Samsung 55Q90r TV was my first choice but that got a price hike from Black Friday but prices change all the time I did the best I could do for me at the time just so happen to be an 8K TV.

rejor11

Dec 20, 2019
Visit site
I remember when 4k TVs came out, and I said that I will buy one when 8k comes out.

NObody believed me. 8K? Yeah, right. Nobody's gonna make that. 4k looks amazing! blah blah balh.

Well, here we are... and Im gonna go buy a 4K monitor soon ;)

Reactions: Deleted member 2457
D

Deleted member 2457

I remember when 4k TVs came out, and I said that I will buy one when 8k comes out.

NObody believed me. 8K? Yeah, right. Nobody's gonna make that. 4k looks amazing! blah blah balh.

Well, here we are... and Im gonna go buy a 4K monitor soon ;)
Yes, that seemed unbelievable then!

Brek

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I know they said it with 1080p, then 4k, I am saying it now 8k is the most pointless domestic format ever. No content and When there is content what will the storage requirements be? I like to rip my Blu-rays to nas drive to save my knees and back shuffling discs into the tray. I have just purchased a 65in TV and I felt it’s too sharp at times watching blade runner 2049 last night, it spotlights too much detail that distracts from the cinematic experience. I still believe unless you want to watch eye candy nature programs in all their glory, 1080p in upto mid sized domestic room is the best way to watch movies. Just my opinion like I said.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts