I can’t get sound through my dad’s speakers on Apple TV App but can through Sky any ideas?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

I get Sky sound through the amp and speakers on Apple App TV too and the same with the other internet sources.

D

Deleted member 2457

I cant see any optical cables connected is that the problem?

D

Deleted member 2457

The important thing is that the HDMI cable is connected to the ARC port of the TV and change TV's sound settings to external speakers.
I am not sure if it’s in HDMI 2 the ARC one, any ideas where it is on the LG 65c9 TV? I can’t get round the back of the TV to see, but if I knew which one is exactly HDMI 2 I might be able to change it. Tried switching to ARC sound settings the way it is but no luck.

D

Deleted member 2457

I think I have worked it out it goes 1 2 3 on the side and 4 on the back. So I put Sky cable in the second one right because according to the internet that’s the ARC HDMI:

D

Deleted member 2457

The important thing is that the HDMI cable is connected to the ARC port of the TV and change TV's sound settings to external speakers.
That was right in the first place but can’t get sound from the amp on the Apps? It plays Sky sound from Sky TV on the App.

D

Deleted member 2457

I think the HDMI cable might be the problem apparently you need a high speed HDMI cable and the one my dad has is one of the first gen ones!

D

Deleted member 2457

Can you explain the connections in detail please? Which amp is it? How is Sky connected and how is the amp connected to the TV?
It’s a Pioneer Vsx-lx70 amp. I think it’s a HDMI cable from Sky HD to the LG. I haven’t got a clue how the amp is connected though. It’s connected to Sky somehow though because the amp works on Sky. The amp is also connected to a Cambridge Audio 4K Blu-ray player with 2 HDMI’s.

D

Deleted member 2457

I don’t think my Pioneer sc-lx81 supports ARC either but mine is working.

D

Deleted member 2457

I wonder if I need my optical cable I will try it without this morning because then I can use that on my dad’s system.

D

Deleted member 2457

The HDMI old cable isn’t in ARC HDMI 2 so that’s not the problem. I have tried on my system without the optical cable and it doesn’t work, not even on Sky which seems bizarre considering my dad’s does work on Sky! So I need a new optical cable.

D

Deleted member 2457

So my dad thinks there is a optical cable going from the Sky box to the TV now which might explain how the amp is working on Sky. I am thinking switching the optical cable from the Sky box to the amp and everything should work.

My dad though doesn’t want to move everything around though so at the moment it’s staying how it is! Oh well we tried BB. Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts