I’ve been very bad boy and brought a Yamaha A-S3000

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
gasolin said:
What is wrong with 3000 being repaired, the 2100 also had a problem and got fixed,repaired and i guess it's fine sounds as it should.

Please enlighten me why it can't be fixed,repaired!

Well personally speaking, I wouldn't expect a brand new piece of kit straight out of the box to be immediately faulty and don't think it unrealistic to expect another brand new unit or my money back... it's different if you've had the item a while and it goes wrong and if still under warrantee you'd be grateful for a repair.

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Neither me. In such price ranges it is almost fully unacceptable. Especially at the beginning. You buy an Accuphase from 1985 that has not been once repaired and works as new (example) or you buy a new Yammie 2 up to 3k and which packs itself up straight on the start...not good. It just spoils reputation and so on...Cyrus had also some CD reading issues before that affected the company a bit.

P.S. As long as it is not your house system electrical fault or overload.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
gasolin said:
What is wrong with 3000 being repaired, the 2100 also had a problem and got fixed,repaired and i guess it's fine sounds as it should.

Please enlighten me why it can't be fixed,repaired!
because when you spend £4000 on a amplifier you expect it to be perfect and in fully working order

Not to go wrong out of the box like it did with me and not having a chance to use it as you would expect from a brand new amplifier but if the amplifier was secondhand or a refurbished amplifier then I would have had it fixed as I would of paid less for the amplifier in the first place .

Do you remember when you brought your Marantz PM8005 what would you feel like your self if the day you brought it it went wrong out of the box and didn’t work and obviously the amplifier cost you a lot of money would you turn round and say o well I will get it fixed it’s no problem or would you expect a brand new replacement amplifier when it’s taking you so long to get the money together to buy the amplifier .

I am pretty sure you would feel the same way as I am feeling

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
this is the email i got today .

We have received your unit back and are currently testing, a replacement has been ordered, we are just awaiting confirmation of dispatch from Yamaha. Yamaha are currently doing annual stock take so are not shipping any goods until latter part of next week. We will keep you updated.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
That email sounds more reassuring.
even the bit about Yamaha doing a stock take I would of thought they would still be sending out products even though they are doing a stock take maybe I am being to paranoid and think they’re playing for time .

i mean why test the broken amplifier why not just send it back to Yamaha and let them deal with it because surely they wouldn’t lose anything out of it I would of thought like most products you get dud ones and they are sent back to the what ever companies they belong to .

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
steve_1979 said:
even the bit about Yamaha doing a stock take I would of thought they would still be sending out products even though they are doing a stock take maybe I am being to paranoid and think they’re playing for time .

i mean why test the broken amplifier why not just send it back to Yamaha and let them deal with it because surely they wouldn’t lose anything out of it I would of thought like most products you get dud ones and they are sent back to the what ever companies they belong to .

I'm inclined to agree with you... perhaps drop Yamaha an Email yourself to explain the situation, just to put your mind at rest.

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

Daz B

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Must be really gutting to have your amp faulty on delivery and then get told due to stocking taking they may not ship out until late next week.
I find it a bit suspicious that stock taking would effect shipping.
I would email Yamaha and get confirmation from them.
I hope you get this sorted soon.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I couldn’t get hold of Yamaha them selfs today but phoned a couple of Yamaha dealers and they said Yamaha in the uk has been closed because of the bad weather but they didn’t no nothing about a stock take

jjbomber

Blacksabbath25 said:
this is the email i got today .

We have received your unit back and are currently testing, a replacement has been ordered, we are just awaiting confirmation of dispatch from Yamaha. Yamaha are currently doing annual stock take so are not shipping any goods until latter part of next week. We will keep you updated.

You have the serial number of the old unit, you have an email promising a new one will be sent. All the evidence is on your side.

Black Sabbath = Paranoid.

D

Deleted member 108165

Wouldn't worry about it too much Sabbath, the stock-take comment was probably off the cuff just to off-load you with a reason. Weather has been awful so I think that would account for nothing moving. You have the serial number of the returned faulty unit so just wait until the new one arrives and then compare. If they try to send the original unit back then that's the time when you go in all guns blazing. Until then just sit tight and wait, you're probably worrying over nothing.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Why worry about something that hasn't happened yet?

You have noted the serial # so you know if you get the same one back or a new one.

The dealer said they ordered a new one.

Look forward to the new one :)

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Ok maybe I’ve worried a bit to much

I’ve just spoken to Audiovisual to find out where I stand and basically if the amplifier goes wrong in the first 30 days i would get a replacement which is what they are doing .

the confusion was the email I reserved yesterday saying that there engineers will be looking at the amplifier but this was just to see what the problem is not to repair the amplifier .

and down to the weather and they are still saying Yamaha are doing a stock take so will just have to trust them but feel more confident now I know I will be getting a new Yamaha A-S3000 at the end of next week .

but the funny thing is they tested the amplifier and for a start there was no power going to the amplifier then they took the lead out and plugged it back in and it worked again but the chap said we haven’t had a lot of time with it to witness the amplifier cutting out but I told them when I did get it going again the amplifier run for 2 hours then cut out so it’s very odd what the amplifier is doing .

i have taken the serial number down just in case but like I say I feel a lot more confident now I’ve had a good chat with Audiovisual

gasolin

Blacksabbath25 said:
steve_1979 said:

To make shure it's really broken,defect, don't you think they would make shure it's not working before ordering a new amp?

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
Ok maybe I’ve worried a bit to much

I’ve just spoken to Audiovisual to find out where I stand and basically if the amplifier goes wrong in the first 30 days i would get a replacement which is what they are doing .

the confusion was the email I reserved yesterday saying that there engineers will be looking at the amplifier but this was just to see what the problem is not to repair the amplifier .

and down to the weather and they are still saying Yamaha are doing a stock take so will just have to trust them but feel more confident now I know I will be getting a new Yamaha A-S3000 at the end of next week .

but the funny thing is they tested the amplifier and for a start there was no power going to the amplifier then they took the lead out and plugged it back in and it worked again but the chap said we haven’t had a lot of time with it to witness the amplifier cutting out but I told them when I did get it going again the amplifier run for 2 hours then cut out so it’s very odd what the amplifier is doing .

i have taken the serial number down just in case but like I say I feel a lot more confident now I’ve had a good chat with Audiovisual

Good news BS.... don't blame you for worrying though

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordprss.com

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
gasolin said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
steve_1979 said:

To make shure it's really broken,defect, don't you think they would make shure it's not working before ordering a new amp?
Just in case I lied gasoline don’t you think ? Or maybe I sent it back just because I felt like it I let you work it out for your self .

but a new amplifier is coming

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I think they just sent you a standard email that goes out to anyone who sends in a faulty unit. I dont think its un reasonable for them to want to to confirm its faulty either.

If it doesnt power on then thats an easy one - but if its a fault thats more complex to replicate then the "technician" needs to have a play hence the standard email wording.

I dont think you should accept a repair buddy either but you need to give the retailer benefit of the doubt - its not their fault either and have to go through a due diligence proces

insider9

drummerman said:
What is that big thing in the bottom of your equipment rack?
It's actually a PC. Desk is gone. More space for hifi but didn't sort out the best source yet. Still fighting with my thoughts as to what's the best way to do it. It's not an ideal solution but good enough for now. I loathe to sell a machine I spent so much time and money perfecting to go with something not as good. It'll do for now.

gasolin

Blacksabbath25 said:
gasolin said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
steve_1979 said:

Just in case I lied gasoline don’t you think ? Or maybe I sent it back just because I felt like it I let you work it out for your self .

but a new amplifier is coming

Nothing wrong with trying an amp to se if they can figure out why it doesn't work or keep blowing the fuse.

Like when someone brings a car for repair it's not unusual to test it before trying to fix, repair it, mabye they will find more after they tested it or even can se hear what is wrong doing the test.

Like if i only test my cpu for stability i won't know if my pc is table in games if i don't benchmark,test my gpu ;-)

And if my pc is unstable atleast i want to se,know what happens when it gets unstable, i think they want to se what happens when the amp shuts down,fuse blow .

jimmy1

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Cancel and buy elsewhere if they just gonna fix it mate. i think thats a bit of a pee take on their part considering its price and top of the range yammy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts