I’ve been very bad boy and brought a Yamaha A-S3000

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

JMac

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Hope you get this sorted soon. After spending so much money and the anticipation of having it arrive, for it not to work when it does arrive would be a hugely frustrating for me. On the one hand it doesnt fill with you confidence over the build quality and QA process but then I suppose a dud slips by with every manufacturer from time to time.

D

Deleted member 2457

+1. Hope you get it all fixed mate.
thumbs_up.png

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
They going to pick this one up tomorrow and probably will not be till next week when I get the replacement amplifier as got to order one from Yamaha them self’s it’s just one of those things it happens but I am disappointed obviously

I’ve had a Marantz power amplifier go wrong out of the box before so it’s not the first time it’s happened it’s just a pain but it’s better not to get stuck with something that got a serious problem .

i will not let it put off Yamaha as I think they do make some good amplifiers and if I looked at the likes of luxman it would cost me more money and not much difference between Yamaha and luxman expect the price is more .

jjbomber

Blacksabbath25 said:
They going to pick this one up tomorrow and probably will not be till next week when I get the replacement amplifier as got to order one from Yamaha them self’s it’s just one of those things it happens but I am disappointed obviously

Make a note of the serial number, so that they don't fend you the faulty one back. I wouldn't expect them to, but you never know for sure.

Ignore all the idiots who tell you to buy what's best for them. Stick to the new Yamaha which is best for you.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
jjbomber said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

Make a note of the serial number, so that they don't fend you the faulty one back. I wouldn't expect them to, but you never know for sure.

Ignore all the idiots who tell you to buy what's best for them. Stick to the new Yamaha which is best for you.
most definitely sticking with the Yamaha but I hadn’t thought about taking a note of the serial number I will take a note of the serial number thanks

the weather has been really bad here today so I hope they pick up the Yamaha tomorrow

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the faulty amp. I'm sure you be happy with it when you get a replacement. Theny you can enjoy what is (to my eyes) the coolest piece of hifi equipment in the world.

Bet it sounds alright too. ;)

Hope the collection goes as planned. I’ve forgotten whereabouts you live, BS, but here in SE Wales we are fairly heavily snowed under.

Was amused that the ‘aspirational’ amps listed above are low power class A. Nobody with true audiophile credentials seems to want high power any more! I’d be happy with a Mark Levinson or Dan D’Agostino amp myself!

Good luck and keep the faith.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
nopiano said:
Hope the collection goes as planned. I’ve forgotten whereabouts you live, BS, but here in SE Wales we are fairly heavily snowed under.

Was amused that the ‘aspirational’ amps listed above are low power class A. Nobody with true audiophile credentials seems to want high power any more! I’d be happy with a Mark Levinson or Dan D’Agostino amp myself!

Good luck and keep the faith.
yep it got picked up yesterday so I’ve just got to wait now till next week sometime when they will get a replacement in from Yamaha so a waiting game now

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Right they received the amplifier back today but got this email to say they have it back but I am under the impression they will be replacing it with a new one from Yamaha but this email confuses me a bit because now I think they will try and fix it . Am I wrong or right ?

Your return has now been received by our returns department and will be processed by one of our technicians in the next few days.
Once processed, you will receive an update regarding the next stage of your return by email. Kind Regards, AudioVisual Online Customer Support

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
Right they received the amplifier back today but got this email to say they have it back but I am under the impression they will be replacing it with a new one from Yamaha but this email confuses me a bit because now I think they will try and fix it . Am I wrong or right ?

Your return has now been received by our returns department and will be processed by one of our technicians in the next few days.
Once processed, you will receive an update regarding the next stage of your return by email. Kind Regards, AudioVisual Online Customer Support

You will need to confirm....as they are entitled to fix and return the one you bought.

You should have rights under distance selling regulations to allow you to cancel the sale, if you wish.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

You will need to confirm....as they are entitled to fix and return the one you bought.

You should have rights under distance selling regulations to allow you to cancel the sale, if you wish.
I have 14 days to cancel but thought as it was faulty out of the box it would be replaced without question

but my worries of them fixing it would be what parts do they use will they be the same quality as what Yamaha built amplifier with and will it sound the same it kind of feels like the amplifier has been rapid and you never feel the same again .

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
You cannot assume they will replace it. They probably don't sell a lot of them, so could well want to send you back your original one. My advise is to confirm what is happening and say you want to a replacement, or you will cancel.

I hope, as JJB suggested, you noted the Serial No.

This is your chance to cancel the order and get an A49 at a saving of 2k from Rick (which would get you a Majik DS).

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
You cannot assume they will replace it. They probably don't sell a lot of them, so could well want to send you back your original one. My advise is to confirm what is happening and say you want to a replacement, or you will cancel.

This is your chance to cancel the order and get an A49 at a saving of 2k from Rick (which would get you a Majik DS).
yes I definitely took the number down of the amplifier but my concern is because I borrowed the money it makes it messy cancelling the order

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
CnoEvil said:

yes I definitely took the number down of the amplifier but my concern is because I borrowed the money it makes it messy cancelling the order

What is "browning" the money (borrowing?)....and why is it not straight forward to cancel your order?

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
CnoEvil said:

What is "browning" the money (borrowing?)....and why is it not straight forward to cancel your order?
not sure I have 14 days to change my mind with the loan agreement that was made between audiovisual and the loan company they use

ive just sent them a email saying I wouldn’t be happy in having the amplifier fixed and following the phone conversation I had the unit would be replaced by a new one from Yamaha and if thats your policy to fix it and not replace it then I would cancel the loan agreement .

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Make sure you get a clarifying email ASAP

Also, make sure that you are very clear, if you are cancelling the order ie. I wish to cancel the order as of today, unless I have a guarantee in writing that the amp will be replaced.

Give them no wriggle room, or they could spin it out until your rights have passed.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/distance-selling-regulations

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
CnoEvil said:

Also, make sure that you are very clear, if you are cancelling the order ie. I wish to cancel the order as of today, unless I have a guarantee in writing that the amp will be replaced.

Give them no wriggle room, or they could spin it out until your rights have passed.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/distance-selling-regulations
ok thanks CnoEvil I’ve sent them a email stating my intention if I do not get a replacement I brought the amplifier last Saturday and didn’t receive it till Tuesday this week but I take it my 14 days start when I receive the amplifier then obviously it was sent back Wednesday and they received the amplifier back today and now we are at the weekend so it’s going to be Monday when I will hear there response .

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Macspur said:
CnoEvil said:

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

Yup. Under the circumstances that is not acceptable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts