I’ve been very bad boy and brought a Yamaha A-S3000

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
gasolin said:
Have you read the whathifi review of the amp?

Why amp over speakers ?
I do not take any notice of what hifi reviews they are completely wrong and flawed I’ve brought stuff that they have give 3 stars to before and it’s been a really good product .

read the reviews on the more serious magazines and online reviews and they think it’s a good product

it depends on how what hifi tested the amplifier what speakers did they use was they compatible with the Yamaha on a sonic level what source did they use what music quality was like was the amplifier run in properly was it left to warm up and also it needs over a 100 hrs or more run-in time before the amplifier comes on to song .

what was the room like did the reviewer have a cold so meany reason why they give it the stars they give and it means nothing to me .

Electro said:
Also let the amp reach room temperature before switching it on.

If the internals are very cold and it is suddenly brought into a warm environment then the moisture from the warm air in your house could condensate onto the internal components and circuits inside the amp with disastrous effect on switch on ! *shok*

A couple of hours should be enough to be safe . *good*

Minutes under a hairdryer..... ;-)

D

Deleted member 108165

Al ears said:
Minutes under a hairdryer..... ;-)

Or gas mark 6 in the oven *biggrin*

In all seriousness It's gonna be freezing when it comes out of the back of that van so don't be too impatient.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Well it’s not gone well I left the amplifier sitting there for 2 hours without plugging it in but when I did start it up and played some music for a hour the amplifier suddenly shut down no lights nothing .

changed the power cord from my A-S2100 but still nothing the Yamaha A-S3000 is dead out of the box which I am very disappointed so I phoned up audiovisual up to tell them and I got told to email them with the fault which how do I no then they phoned and said phone Yamaha tech support which I did and the chap said get them to change it as it should’ve of gone wrong out of the box like that and obviously it’s got a big fault .

so I phoned Audiovisual up again and said what Yamaha had said and now they are checking what the chap at Yamaha has said then they will phone me up and let me no what they are going to do .

how much money do you have to spend to get customer service this day and age it’s terrible but I’ve asked for a replacement amplifier I definitely not having it fixed and I’ve told that too .

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
insider9 said:
I'm sure you'll sort this. However I'd be checking my electric installation just to be on the safe side.
I did I plugged the amplifier into a different socket ones I took the amplifier off my rack but still dead .

anyway I’ve just had a phone call to say they will pick up the faulty amplifier on Thursday but will have to wait an till next week as they are having to order the replacement from Yamaha .

JamesMellor

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Ozzy sorry to hear this but if you bought online I think the worst that can happen is you have to pay return shipping and you can cancel the HP agreement aswell inside 7 days, if they give you any **** thats what I'd do.

Then go buy one from where you got the 2100 from.

I'm so pissed off that they're trying it on with you.

D

Deleted member 108165

That's poo, I'm gutted for you Sabbath. At least they're ordering a replacement for you, just gotta wait a little longer and you'll be a happy bunny again.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
JamesMellor said:
Ozzy sorry to hear this but if you bought online I think the worst that can happen is you have to pay return shipping and you can cancel the HP agreement aswell inside 7 days, if they give you any **** thats what I'd do.

Then go buy one from where you got the 2100 from. 

I'm so pissed off that they're trying it on with you.

Sorry to hear the news too but they haven't tried anything on. They will collect the amp and another one is on the way from Yamaha.

What I find a little disconcerting is that this is the OP second Yamaha Amp with a fault. Still, it could have been dropped etc. so perhaps not fair question Yamahas quality control just yet.

insider9

You're protected by both Consumer Contract Regulations (old Dsiatce Selling Regulations) and Consumer Credit Act I wouldn't worry. But you've got every right to be disappointed and frustrated.

And if retailer tries to be anything other than helpful cancel the whole thing.

jimmy1

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
i'd be pulling my hair out to be fair but they will sort it for you its just sod's law i guess, delivery drivers are not that bothered about throwing things around neither, i do wish proffessionals would get some sh*t right from time to time, good luck with it man

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Panic over it’s working again which has confused me no end all I can say is it was still cold from being in the van which has been very cold today but I’ve phoned Audiovisual up to let them no it’s come back to life again and they said run it on low for the night and if it’s still going it’s ok but if not they will pick it up Thursday as planned .

But good news at the moment

jimmy1

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
safety may have kicked in if it was a bit condensation-y, its a big thing to warm up to room temp naturally i suppose, love to hear sinnerman HD tracks verison through that bad mofo tho *biggrin*

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Awesome news on getting a new amp BS, top draw mate. Am sure it will sound fantastic.
Totally like sounds like protection mode I'm guessing with it being so cold. Don't they advise most electronics to be stored in no less that 5 see degrees, or am I getting muddled with food?
Anyhoo, looking forward to hearing how it sounds.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
That was the odd thing I didn’t get the protection cut in I got nothing I was about to put it back in the box and thought I would try one more time and it came back alive which I am pleased about

this was a couple of hours when it went wrong I tried again

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
That was the odd thing I didn’t get the protection cut in I got nothing I was about to put it back in the box and thought I would try one more time and it came back alive which I am pleased about

Personally, I would want some logical explanation for this...but glad your amp has come back to life...otherwise it would leave a feeling of Deja Vu.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

Personally, I would want some logical explanation for this...but glad your amp has come back to life...otherwise it would leave a feeling of Deja Vu.
I’ve got the night to leave running and if it’s still going by morning then I will no it’s fine as I did leave the amplifier in my room before turning it on when I first got it delivered today I left it a hour before I hooked it all up but obviously it was to soon and must of been really cold inside .

but I never got any protection come on it just died with no lights then left it there for 2 hours as I was going to re- box it but before I did I tried it and it came alive .

so my thinking it was still to cold even after a hour setting in my house but we will see what the morning brings

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Phew , I thought I might have put a jinx on it . *sorry2*

It was hopefully just a bit of stubborn moisture pushed out by the heat of the amp , thank goodness for sensitive protection devices. *good*

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Electro said:
Phew , I thought I might have put a jinx on it . *sorry2*

It was hopefully just a bit of stubborn moisture pushed out by the heat of the amp , thank goodness for sensitive protection devices. *good*
that didn’t work it was a complete shut down nothing but did leave the amplifier a hour after when I had it delivered but as you said it most of had a bit of moisture inside . Cross fingers I was lucky

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts