Humax Box and 2nd tv

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am thinking of ditching my Sky HD box for quality and customer service issues. I am not that bothered about HDTV as all my HD I watch is via blu-ray.

My current set up is that I have a Sky HD box connected by HDMI to my home cinema, I then have 2 rf outs to 2 different tv's in the house. I can control sky then from either of these tvs using the remoteeye.

I think I want to move to a Humax box but I have some technical questions.

1. Does Humax take conventional RF feed or is there anyway I can plug in the twin feed from my sky dish. The only reason I ask is that the sky feed would probably give a better picture.

2. Can you take an RF out of the back of the Humax box to a 2nd TV

3. Can you then use the remote eye to control the humax box like sky.

Any help welcome.

oldleodensian

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
richie15:
1. Does Humax take conventional RF feed or is there anyway I can plug in the twin feed from my sky dish. The only reason I ask is that the sky feed would probably give a better picture.

Humax HD recorder uses exactly same cables and connections (called "LNB") as Sky uses, so just unplug Sky box and connect to Humax. Simples. Fabulous picture quality too, even with SD.

richie15: 2. Can you take an RF out of the back of the Humax box to a 2nd TV

There are no standard RF connections (as in normal tv aerial connections), only the LNB type as mentioned above. There is an LNB loop-through output, though I am unsure how well this would work with a 2nd tv. Hope this info helps. it's a brilliant piece of kit and, if you don't want/need the extra channels that Sky charges for, definitely worth the initial outlay.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts