HRT Headstreamer vs Audinst HUD MX-1 vs Yulong U100

quadpatch

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I am torn between these 3 DAC / headphone amps for the office:

● [/b]HRT Headstreamer

● [/b]Audinst HUD MX-1

● [/b]Yulong U100

I picked these becasue they are small, they fit the budget (£150) and I have heard good things about them. If anyone has any idea what these are like or can think of any other units that fit the bill please let me know.

From what little I have read about these so far the Yulong probably has the better sound quality but is the only one that cannot be used away from the mains power. It's not a deal killer for me, just less useful and thus evens it out. The Audinst seems to drive higher impedance cans if you do plug it in and also can turn a USB in to S/PDIF which could be useful one day I suppose.

The Yulong has a large headphone connector, the HRT a small one and the Audinst has both. The HRT is the only one that has Asynchronous USB... I think. It's also the only one with a mini USB connector which is a shame if I ever get an expensive USB cable (as it wont be one of those for versatility reasons). All support 24bit / 96khz over USB which I don't care about as all my stuff is 16/44 and i have no intention of going higher.

I think that's about it... any thoughts greatly appreciated! (What Hi-Fi: please do a mega-test for DACs :)

quadpatch

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Here are some pics for others who might be interested but don't know much about them...

HRT Headstreamer

3454cea9_3f57639bdffb5e7b84571bea96f06104.png

Audinst HUD MX-1

384467f1_img56406148.jpeg

Yulong U100

yulong_u100_08.jpg

Maybe for this range I should also consider the Fiio E17...

E17BLARGE.jpg

Both the Fiio and HRT seem a bit more portable but most of the time I don't need that.

Here is a pic I found of the Audinst and Yulong together for size comparisons...

yulong_u100_07.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts