HQV of the Yamaha RX V2067.... Worth it...??

A

Anonymous

It may do a reasonable job with upscaling SD material to near HD 1080p, but I certainly would not use it to alter a native HD signal from a blu-ray regardless of how good it is.

rana_kirti

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
So the HQV is of practically no use to someone who watches only Bluray ?

Specially if someone has a dedicated HT room in which he has connected a Bluray Player to a projector.... and & uses this only for movie purpose....?

rana_kirti

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
hmm....

so in that case i'm better off with a 1067 right if i don't need the HQV of the 2067 ?

But as far as only "Sound Quality" goes what does the 2067 have over 1067 ?

As you go up the Yamaha range of receivers, there's a definite step up in sonic performance. It's not only about features and wattage. It's unfortunate that you are not able to demo your receivers to appreciate the difference.

Haven't you been looking for a receiver for a few months now?

A

Anonymous

bigboss:

Yes, he has.

rana_kirti

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
bigboss:
As you go up the Yamaha range of receivers, there's a definite step up in sonic performance. It's not only about features and wattage. It's unfortunate that you are not able to demo your receivers to appreciate the difference.

Yes thats true :)

tough to make a choice without being able to listen to them.... My friend in usa told me that he heard A1000 ( V1067 in uk ) & A2000 ( V2067 in uk ) side by side with his son and both of them couldn't hear any difference between the two. Infact he told me that both of them preferred the A1000 ( V1067 ).....!!

Strange... and left me more confused.... plus as you already know i'm also looking at the V1900 :)

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
The problem will be that you spend so much time worrying about getting exactly what you think you want....then suddenly the new range is out and you have to start all over again. Just go with the advice on here, other reviews, get it home and start enjoying it!!
emotion-2.gif

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
grdunn123:The problem will be that you spend so much time worrying about getting exactly what you think you want....then suddenly the new range is out and you have to start all over again. Just go with the advice on here, other reviews, get it home and start enjoying it!!
emotion-2.gif

I agree. The OP seems to want forum members (from various forums by the looks of things) to do the demo'ing and make the decision for him rather than use his own ears. The trouble with going down this route is you will always get conflicting opinions, you will go around in circles and end up buying nothing. So one person said they preferred one over another. Are you hoping that you get a majority vote before buying?

Ultimately you need to use your own ears and not other peoples.

I recently ordered an RX-V2067 last week as a replacement for my non-HDMI Denon. The power output is similar but the new features and processing will hopefully give me a step up in quality.

rana_kirti

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
just want to let you guys know that not everyone is in a favorable position to be able to hear/demo stuff before we buy...

a lot of us live in places where dealers only get stuff/equipment against placing an order with them and there is no way to demo these products before buying. I'm sure a lot of members here will agree and must be in a similar situation as me...

So take it easy guys... :)

That's why be become forums members... So that we can make a decision with each other's help. Some of us know more than others and it's valuable to learn from them and then share that info to the next new guy who comes along for help...

If i could hear any of these 3 ... V1067, V2067 & V1900... Trust me i would have done that on the first day the thought of buying a new AVR had come in my mind. But as i posted above i can't.....

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
We appreciate what you're saying but when do you finally make a decision?? You have had very sound advice from David who works in a very reputable HiFi outlet and is very familiar with both of the Yamaha models you are thinking about. What more do you need??

What will convince you?

rana_kirti:
just want to let you guys know that not everyone is in a favorable position to be able to hear/demo stuff before we buy...

a lot of us live in places where dealers only get stuff/equipment against placing an order with them and there is no way to demo these products before buying. I'm sure a lot of members here will agree and must be in a similar situation as me...

So take it easy guys... :)

That's why be become forums members... So that we can make a decision with each other's help. Some of us know more than others and it's valuable to learn from them and then share that info to the next new guy who comes along for help...

If i could hear any of these 3 ... V1067, V2067 & V1900... Trust me i would have done that on the first day the thought of buying a new AVR had come in my mind. But as i posted above i can't.....

Hi rana_kirti

If you want the latest features and at a minimum maintain the quantity, quality of power and performance of the RX-V1900 then i would say the RX-V2067 is the AV amplifier for you.

Btw, as good as the HQV processing of the RX-V2067 is i'll suggest using the though mode for all HD video sources.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

rana_kirti

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
grdunn,

i value david's feedback and also everyone else's as well. i'm 99 steps there.. just 1 step away from making my choice.

Rick,

Thanks for your input and insight.... I'd like to share with you my dilemma so you may better understand my situation and guide me towards the right choice...

I'm getting the V1900 for the same price as V1067 where i live. My research tells me that 1900 was followed by 2065 followed by 2067. The 1900 was a class act as per reviews and 5 stars here at WHF. Where as the 1067 ( also 5 stars) replaced the 1065.

So 1900 should be a class higher than 1067. Is that correct to you ?

All the more it has 130 w to 1067's 105 w.

I dont need the new 3d, networking, and other fancy features. I just need a AVR between these 2 which has better "Sound". That's all i pretty much care about. And that's all i want from my AVR. Anything else is a bonus.

The 2067 is available for slightly more than the 1900 here where i live. But WHF just reviewed 2067 and gave it 4 Stars only. Some might call it silly but i believe in this Stars System and dont want to buy a anything less than a 5 Star. ( I know it might sound crazy to some )

Now you must have heard all 3 of these AVR multiple times and i'm sure you are in the most suitable place with your knowledge to give me a honest opinion.

Kindly keep only one criteria in mind.... "Sound Quality"

1. Is the 1900 better than the 1067 sound wise ? or is the 1067 better ?

2. Is the 2067 better than 1067 ?

3. Is the 1900 better than 2067 ( although it has only 4 stars ) ?

3D, 2 hdmi outs, HQV, 8 Hdmi ins, are not of any importance to me. I just care about the "Sound Quality"

Kindly tell me which is the best of the 3 so i can have closure on this.... :)

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
rana_kirti:
grdunn,

i value david's feedback and also everyone else's as well. i'm 99 steps there.. just 1 step away from making my choice.

Rick,

Thanks for your input and insight.... I'd like to share with you my dilemma so you may better understand my situation and guide me towards the right choice...

I'm getting the V1900 for the same price as V1067 where i live. My research tells me that 1900 was followed by 2065 followed by 2067. The 1900 was a class act as per reviews and 5 stars here at WHF. Where as the 1067 ( also 5 stars) replaced the 1065.

So 1900 should be a class higher than 1067. Is that correct to you ?

All the more it has 130 w to 1067's 105 w.

I dont need the new 3d, networking, and other fancy features. I just need a AVR between these 2 which has better "Sound". That's all i pretty much care about. And that's all i want from my AVR. Anything else is a bonus.

The 2067 is available for slightly more than the 1900 here where i live. But WHF just reviewed 2067 and gave it 4 Stars only. Some might call it silly but i believe in this Stars System and dont want to buy a anything less than a 5 Star. ( I know it might sound crazy to some )

Now you must have heard all 3 of these AVR multiple times and i'm sure you are in the most suitable place with your knowledge to give me a honest opinion.

Kindly keep only one criteria in mind.... "Sound Quality"

1. Is the 1900 better than the 1067 sound wise ? or is the 1067 better ?

2. Is the 2067 better than 1067 ?

3. Is the 1900 better than 2067 ( although it has only 4 stars ) ?

3D, 2 hdmi outs, HQV, 8 Hdmi ins, are not of any importance to me. I just care about the "Sound Quality"

Kindly tell me which is the best of the 3 so i can have closure on this.... :)

The 2067 is the best of the 3.

A

Anonymous

rana_kirti:The 2067 is available for slightly more than the 1900 here where i live. But WHF just reviewed 2067 and gave it 4 Stars only. Some might call it silly but i believe in this Stars System and dont want to buy a anything less than a 5 Star. ( I know it might sound crazy to some )
To me it does sound crazy, but if you wish to stick to it, that's your choice. However the thing that doesn't make the tiniest sense is that you arbitrarily decide when to trust WHF - and you should trust them blindly to say that you only buy 5-stars products. The review of the 2067 is online (http://whathifi.com/Review/Yamaha-RX-V2067/) and they say that, in their opinion, the Pioneer LX53 is better. So why do you want to buy a Yamaha product? The LX53 is certainly much less than its list price now, and you could get the VSX-2020, which is the same product, for even less: so why not get it and put an end to all this suffering? :)

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
rana_kirti:If i could hear any of these 3 ... V1067,
V2067 & V1900... Trust me i would have done that on the first day
the thought of buying a new AVR had come in my mind. But as i posted
above i can't.....

So how did you come to the conclusion
that ....but i really feel in my heart that the V1900 sounds
superior to A1000? What exactly are you basing this on? Have you asked your dealer for an opinion on any perceived difference in SQ?

rana_kirti:The 2067 is available for slightly more than the 1900 here where i live. But WHF just reviewed 2067 and gave it 4 Stars only. Some might call it silly but i believe in this Stars System and dont want to buy a anything less than a 5 Star. ( I know it might sound crazy to some ).......3. Is the 1900 better than 2067 ( although it has only 4 stars ) ?

If you are not going to buy anything less than a 5 star product why are you even considering the 2067? I have never heard such nonsense in my life. You dismiss a '4 star' product on what basis? As the 1900 is now a discontinued model, will it lose a star as is often the case with WHF reviews? (That star dropping issue has always baffled me). I'm sorry but sometimes I have never understood the rating system at WHF. The RX-V1067 got 5 stars. Fine. The RX-V2067 is a step up but was awarded 4 stars. Go figure. The review states that it is testament to the competition that it is not awarded a 5th star. Again, I can't figure out how the star system works bearing in mind that the 2067 is now £850 (or less) and the "competition" is £1100 unless they're referring to the similarly priced VSX-2020 which as far as I can tell hasn't been reviewed. Maybe they're talking about the (overpriced IMHO) LX53? I am assuming that the competition is the LX53 as that is the only current model receiver in the same price bracket that I can find a review on. Perhaps WHF would care to mention what competition they were referring to in the review to help the OP out? Anyway, use reviews as a guide but take a few into account and bear in mind that that 4/5 star product might sound better/worse in your own room with your own speakers.

If you have only sound quality in mind and not bothered about extra features, then the RX-V1900 & RX-V2067 are the same (the 2067 is more expensive for its extra features), followed by the 1067. Your friend in the US could not appreciate the difference between the 1067 & 2067. As I said in my post in your other thread, the difference is small and is apparent only on careful listening.

Never ever fall into this trap of the star rating in the reviews. It should only be a guide for you, not a decision maker. The 1900 got 5 stars, because the competition couldn't produce better receivers. The 2067 got 4 stars, because the competition produce better receivers. It does not mean that the 1900 is superior to the 2067.

If you're not worried about the extra features, and want only the best in sound quality (and keeping the price in mind), the 1900 is the receiver for you.
emotion-21.gif

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
bigboss:The 2067 got 4 stars, because the competition produce better receivers.

...but who is the competition? I ordered one despite the meagre 4 star award as it is the best current receiver that I can afford for my setup and speakers.

d4v3pum4:

...but who is the competition? I ordered one despite the meagre 4 star award as it is the best current receiver that I can afford for my setup and speakers.

The way a receiver sounds is a personal preference. I would've still bought a Yamaha receiver, even if it had scored 4 stars or 3 stars, because I love the way it sounds with my speakers. I wouldn't buy a Pioneer receiver for my speakers, because I didn't like the way it sounded with my speakers when I demoed it last year, even though it may have scored 5 stars in reviews.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts