How What Hi-fi would....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

AJM1981

Set one
Yamaha Wxa50 amp / streamer
unknown

Wharfedale Evo 4.2 - They gave 5 stars to the complete series.

B&W Asw608 sub
unknown

Set two
Arylic A50+
unknown

Wharfedale Denton 85th Anniversary
unknown

Polk Psw10 sub
unknown

p. s. I don't read their magazine, this is what I could find online

Last edited:

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Well I have a very simple system. A Cyrus Lyric given 5 stars back in 2014 and a pair of Spendor A5r floorstanders given 4 stars back in 2016. Not arguing with that, sounds good to me.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi DIB.
What Lyric do you have? Think they made two. I heard one with Tannoy Precision stand mounts. Sounded good but probably not the ideal combination TBH.

It's a Lyric 09, discontinued nowadays. I picked it up beginning of last year ex-demo from a dealer and it meets my needs perfectly. ie internet radio, streaming from a NAS, and CD playback. I've only heard it with my Spendors and to my ears and from I've read Cyrus / Spendor makes a good combination. Couldn't be happier with it. The Cyrus Cadence app gets quite a bit of stick I've noticed online but I never use it even though it works fine for me. I'm old school, I use the remote control :)

Reactions: Al ears
It's a Lyric 09, discontinued nowadays. I picked it up beginning of last year ex-demo from a dealer and it meets my needs perfectly. ie internet radio, streaming from a NAS, and CD playback. I've only heard it with my Spendors and to my ears and from I've read Cyrus / Spendor makes a good combination. Couldn't be happier with it. The Cyrus Cadence app gets quite a bit of stick I've noticed online but I never use it even though it works fine for me. I'm old school, I use the remote control :)
I can imagine the Cyrus working well with Spendors. I said at the time both the Lyric and Tannoys are really good individual components but together they didn't synergise that well.

Got good reviews at the time I recall. Should work well with either Tannoy or Spendor if sufficiently efficient.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts