How to use BT Homehub 2.0 as an access point

rs6mra

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
I am looking to extend my wireless range with my old homehub 2.0. Connected at present is the homehub 3.0 as the primary router.

On the secondary router homehub 2, I have disabled the DHCP server, changed the SSID to the same as that of homehub 3.0 with the passwords being the same and I have also changed the IP address on the homehub 2.0 to 192.168.1.253. That for the homehub 3.0 is 192.168.1.254.

Can someone tell me where i am going wrong and please let me know if you need any additional information.

michael hoy

rs6mra said:
I am looking to extend my wireless range with my old homehub 2.0. Connected at present is the homehub 3.0 as the primary router.

On the secondary router homehub 2, I have disabled the DHCP server, changed the SSID to the same as that of homehub 3.0 with the passwords being the same and I have also changed the IP address on the homehub 2.0 to 192.168.1.253. That for the homehub 3.0 is 192.168.1.254.

Can someone tell me where i am going wrong and please let me know if you need any additional information.

Have a look here.

rs6mra

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
My wireless access point now functions perfectly but only when the homehub 2.0 is connected to my network via ethernet and this suits me perfectly as most of the rooms are wired.......

A

Anonymous

Hi Dear (User: rs6mra),

Please guide me how you configure your BT 2.0 devie as an Access Point,

a) i also tried it, as i have connected my PC with 3G EVO, USB device and shared its Network connection

b) then i connect BT. 2.0 device with my System ethernet port.

c) giving same Vlan IP to my system i.e 192.168.1.1 as BT device IP is 192.168.1.254.

d) remotely connected devices unable to browse internet.....

Please guide if you can

2) or if you can guide about,

3g EVO (Usb device), can be use directly or not with this as Access Point.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts