How to unlock Marantz PM7001

Hi FMs,

I recently bought a Marantz PM7001 integrated amplifier second-hand. It did not come with a remote control, so I ordered an original spare. The problem I have is that the amplier input is restricted to the CD function; the tuner, aux, phono and everything else is pretty much "locked". Does anybody know how to go about unlocking the amp? Is there a certain RC key combination or some other method that can be used? Anyone have any clue, please let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

JS

Jithu Sudhakar said:
Hi FMs,

I recently bought a Marantz PM7001 integrated amplifier second-hand. It did not come with a remote control, so I ordered an original spare. The problem I have is that the amplier input is restricted to the CD function; the tuner, aux, phono and everything else is pretty much "locked". Does anybody know how to go about unlocking the amp? Is there a certain RC key combination or some other method that can be used? Anyone have any clue, please let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

JS

As far as I am aware the buttons for source selection on the remote will only work if you have Marantz equipment attached to the amp. There is no way to lock-out selective sources.

Can you switch sources via the source select knob on the amp?

Al ears said:
As far as I am aware the buttons for source selection on the remote will only work if you have Marantz equipment attached to the amp. There is no way to lock-out selective sources.

I tried switching the source by turning the source-selection knob but it doesn't do anything. Usually, only the selected input lights up on the indicator strip. In my case, when I switch on the amp, all the lights come on, even the mute light, and stay on irrespective of whether I turn the selection knob or press the corresponding button on the rc. I can't even switch on or off the amp using the rc. But when I tested the rc against another marantz i have, it worked perfectly.

TrevC

Jithu Sudhakar said:
Al ears said:

I tried switching the source by turning the source-selection knob but it doesn't do anything. Usually, only the selected input lights up on the indicator strip. In my case, when I switch on the amp, all the lights come on, even the mute light, and stay on irrespective of whether I turn the selection knob or press the corresponding button on the rc. I can't even switch on or off the amp using the rc. But when I tested the rc against another marantz i have, it worked perfectly.

Now you know why it was sold.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Jithu Sudhakar said:

It's clearly faulty and needs to be repaired. Unless It was sold as 'spares or repair' I'd take/send it back and get a refund.

spiny norman said:
Jithu Sudhakar said:

It's clearly faulty and needs to be repaired. Unless It was sold as 'spares or repair' I'd take/send it back and get a refund.

Ditto.

TRENDING THREADS