How the older Marantz stack up

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
My point was although that Marantz set by Steve looks like a good deal, I'd rather buy a £270 amp than a £170 amp + £100 SACD.

If your speakers weren't so demanding you would have a much wider palette of amps to choose from. But now you should go for clean power and forget the taste or the glass to drink from.

Ah if only the PM-7001 was KI version. Then it would have been a deal of the century. :)

neuesbildzi7.jpg

images

Michaelholder1

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
So you think my speakers are too demanding for the Marantz amps? Do you not think any of the Marantz amps are powerful enough? What about the Arcam Alpha 9 or 10? Or is that HK amp from earlier a good bet?

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
IMO that Marantz PM-7001 is not more powerfull than the Rotel RA-1062 and the Rotel has better synergy with B&W (they are the same company). But if you like the idea of owning a Marantz more than Rotel then go for the M. You can change amp anytime you want by reselling.

Michaelholder1

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Vladimir said:
IMO that Marantz PM-7001 is not more powerfull than the Rotel RA-1062 and the Rotel has better synergy with B&W (they are the same company). But if you like the idea of owning a Marantz more than Rotel then go for the M. You can change amp anytime you want by reselling.

I dont really like the idea of owning a Marantz more, just there is a lot of Marantz amps on ebay for reasonable prices, you can pick up a Ki version of most amps at around £150. Where as, there is currently no C370s, Ra-1060s, or Ra-1062s on online at all at the moment. So was just looking to cast my net a bit wider and find some similarly priced amps which would do well with my speakers. But with little experience of all these amps and no way of being able to test them out, I'm employing the use of all your experienced ears to help.

I really dont mind what brand I get, aesthetics arent overly important to me although I do like the look of the Marantz amps, I'd like a phono stage but I'm not too bothered.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts