How to Listen to American Radio Stations in the UK

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guy's and Gal's,

I use to live over in Florida and have just recently been back and realised how much I miss my old radio stations. I've been on the station websites but it stops me listening because I live outside the USA.

Are there any programs or sites that I can use to listen in? or would I be able to listen with one a internet radio I could buy in store?

Thanks in advance

John Duncan

Well alot lot of internet radios (eg Pure Evoke Flow, NaimUniti) have international stations, but whether or not they're the right ones I dunno.

You could always use a proxy service to make them think you're in the US?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Sonos seems to be able to play any station from anywhere in the world, or at least the list of stations is pretty big in the US.

It's a slightly expensive solution though, just for that...

A

Anonymous

Thanks Guy's,I've checked itunes and they don't have them listed. Can you recommend any of these proxy services?

A

Anonymous

that was all sounding so good , until the part about money
emotion-6.gif

i cant get bbci player in ireland ...

daveh75

maxflinn:
emotion-6.gif

You could look at hidemyass, which offers free proxy services...A friend of mine uses this to view iplayer in Romania.

A

Anonymous

daveh75:maxflinn:
emotion-6.gif

You could look at hidemyass, which offers free proxy services...A friend of mine uses this to view iplayer in Romania.
nice one daveh
emotion-21.gif
.. ill get googling ..

A

Anonymous

If you have an iPhone/Touch there are some radio apps which find internet stations. My Denon iPod dock also has access to internet radio.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew, they have WHTQ which we listened to when we were over there last year.
emotion-2.gif

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
I'd certainly recommend Reciva.com for internet radio. You can listen through your PC or through a Reciva compatible internet radio or through the Reciva application on iPod Touch/iPhone. Only problem you may find (as I did) is that some of the big networks no longer allow people outside the US to receive the streams. I used to listen to KROQ from LA and now it just comes up with a message saying its no longer available.

A

Anonymous

Hi Guy's,

Thanks for the suggestions but they both came up with the warning message saying I couldn't listen because i'm outside the USA.

Andrew - I'm really not up on internet radios at all. I assume the Naim unit you mention is radio which plugs into the wall and connects to the internet? if so what model is it?

would you be able to check if xl 106.7 plays? its a station in the orlando area.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, it's the NaimUniti, which is an all-in-one music system, mains powered and internet connected. But there are plenty of other internet enabled radios out there.

And yes, XL 106.7 FM is playing fine: apparently the OBT is currently blocked northbound due to an accident at the 192...

A

Anonymous

haha very good. I shall go check them out.. Might *** down to the local comet but can imagine none of them will have the radios connected to wifi.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

" would you be able to check if xl 106.7 plays? its a station in the orlando area. "

Yes, it plays fine here ine UK - fairly low bitrate but not bad so AAC?

here's the url

http://www.xl1067.com/main.html

hth

T

the record spot

Realise I'm late to this particular party, but if you have a suitably equipped mobile phone you can get internet radio (but do check your package as it'll eat up a contracted data allowance if you don't watch out). I have a Nokia E52 which has this and it's excellent. Good range of worldwide radio stations, including all the main American ones. Must have a few thousand on it and with 3, I have "all you can eat" data, so there's no issues for me to listen to it all day long.

radiotube

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Here is a Chrome App that lets you listen to songs currently playing on US/UK radio stations via YouTube *anywhere* for free!

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/radiotube/ldgmbjnnjnjjnkllaffafcdgblhaijnh

Chrishanlo

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi

Very best radio streaming service is TUNEIN RADIO which offers worldwide station live play content.

SOUNDCLOUD and MIXCLOUD are also highly recommended and are ideal for podcast listening.

These are available from the App Store.

To overcome blocked stations ( I have come across this re foreign tv ) sign up to a VPN service like eg Surf Easy or Hola.Its inexpensive.

Enjoy surfing, it's great fun and you learn a lot.

Legacy260

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I am in a similar position as yourself but I like to listen to Cable radio / music from Sirius XM and Pandora. What I have done is used a Virtual private Network via Express VPN. It costs about £ 10 a month and masks my IP address, so it looks as if I am in the US. I can watch TV, lisen to iheart radio and loacl channels for the Tampa Bay area and beyond.

Well worth the outlay and great for any US based media. You can do teh same if out in the US for BBC Iplayer etc if missing the UK stuff.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts