How to Hide / Protect Subwoofer

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hello,

I've got my sub in the corner, where it gives the best response, also donward firing, (though it can be changed to fire forwards) Looking into the future I'm anticipating a family, and am thinking that I could do without toddlers messing with the sub.

So I'm thinking is there an option to build a box around it, maybe with a grille on the front? This seems to be the way in-wall subs work. I'm just not sure if this will completely hobble the performance.

Just wanting some advice on whether there's anything I need to look out for, if this approach is a non-starter in terms of perfomrance, or if there's a better approach to protecting a sub? I don't really want to have to remove it for a couple of years.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

kinda:
So I'm thinking is there an option to build a box around it, maybe with a grille on the front?

You cannot possibly be serious!!!
emotion-8.gif

A

Anonymous

kinda:

Looking into the future I'm anticipating a family, and am thinking that I could do without toddlers messing with the sub.

As long as it's on the ground, there's no hiding it from the toddlers.
emotion-40.gif

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
It's not one of the impervious big box subs, it's a one of the lacquered style type, and so may not be so robust.

I'm already thinking of creating some kind of unit for my kit across the front, so it seemed like extending it to have a box covering the sub might be an idea.

Unless it's just going to completely mess up the sound. I don't mind some slight degradation.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts