How to Bypass iPad and Powered Speaker DAC

nern5

Aug 25, 2020
Visit site
Hi, I’m new to this forum, and as you will see a bit of a tech simpleton. Apologies in advance for asking what may be quite obvious to many. I just purchased Edifier S1000dp speakers and a Dragonfly black v1.5 DAC (and a USB A to C adapter to connect the DAC to my iPad Pro 11). My hope was to stream from the Tidal HiFi app on my iPad, pass it through the Dragonfly, and then connect directly (via 3.5 mm to RCA cable) to the Edifiers. My concern is I believe there are three DAC’s involved here (the iPad’s, the Dragonfly’s and the Edifier’s). My goal is to have as little loss as possible in streaming. Do I need to disable the iPad and Edifier DAC‘s so that they do not inhibit the effectiveness of the Dragonfly or in some other way reduce sound quality? If so, how can I do this? Thanks in advance for any help.

Gray

Hi, I’m new to this forum, and as you will see a bit of a tech simpleton. Apologies in advance for asking what may be quite obvious to many. I just purchased Edifier S1000dp speakers and a Dragonfly black v1.5 DAC (and a USB A to C adapter to connect the DAC to my iPad Pro 11). My hope was to stream from the Tidal HiFi app on my iPad, pass it through the Dragonfly, and then connect directly (via 3.5 mm to RCA cable) to the Edifiers. My concern is I believe there are three DAC’s involved here (the iPad’s, the Dragonfly’s and the Edifier’s). My goal is to have as little loss as possible in streaming. Do I need to disable the iPad and Edifier DAC‘s so that they do not inhibit the effectiveness of the Dragonfly or in some other way reduce sound quality? If so, how can I do this? Thanks in advance for any help.
Welcome to the forum.
I could be wrong, but I didn't think the Edifier had its own DAC.
Even if it has, you can be 100% sure you're not using it - because, using a jack to RCA lead, you're feeding it an analogue signal.
Also the point of the Dragonfly is that it automatically takes the place of the DAC in your iPad.
So the good news is that you are actually only using the one (Dragonfly) DAC.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts