Question How to add WiFi functionality to Denon D-M40

Regisss

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

Could you please advice best sounding solution for connecting my Denon D-M40 system to WiFi for Spotify connect and internet radio. Better with optical connection.
I like existing small Denon system with CD. I just want to add rather simple and nice sounding way to connect to WiFi to use Spotify connect and internet radio. FM sound is crappy in my country :(

Thank you in advance!

rainsoothe

Yamaha wxad 10 - I don't know if it has Spotify connect, but it does have Spotify in it's app. No optical connection, though. Google Chromecast audio has an optical connection, and it's even cheaper, but discontinued - however, they can still be found. You will beed an optical cable that has a jack at one end, as the Chromecast has only one hybrid line out/optical jack. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Pokey

Mar 18, 2020
Visit site
If price is not an issue, the Bluesound Node 2i is an amazing streamer. If you want something cheap with AirPlay, you could try to get a used Apple AirPort Express – they have an AUX port.

Regisss

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for advices. I will try to find Google Chromecast audio + mini toslink to toslink cable. This could be best solution for me.
I know that Google stopped producing and selling this device, so maybe anyone have idea where I could get one? Better new, but I could also think of used one.

rainsoothe

Thanks for advices. I will try to find Google Chromecast audio + mini toslink to toslink cable. This could be best solution for me.
I know that Google stopped producing and selling this device, so maybe anyone have idea where I could get one? Better new, but I could also think of used one.
I think you can still find new ones on the bay, but also try random online shops. Just be careful to look for original Chromecast, because there's some Chinese lookalikes that have Chromecast in the title, but that just refers to the compatibility.

Regisss

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for advice, I bought used Google Chromecast audio, connected with optical cable and this all together sounds very nice ;) Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts