How impressive are the latest crop of Blu Ray Players at 720p and 1080i

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
A lot of people, including I, have HD Ready TV's as opposed to Full HD resolution 1920 X 1080 displays some of which can accept 1080p/24fps

I would guess that Reviews of Blu Ray Player are essentially based on 1080p or 1080p/24fps picture quality and for example when you read that something like the Sony BDP350 is better than something like the Samsung BDP1500 is the margin of difference between these two players negligible at say 720p or 1080i when playing either Blu Ray Discs or Upscaling DVDs and therefore are we saying that it's only at the top end of either 1080p or 1080p/24fs that something like the Sony or say Pansonic BD30 or BD35 thoroughly excel and the gap in terms of picture quality is wider

A

Anonymous

Would also like Blu Ray DVDs to show whether or not they have been mastered from an HD source or as seems to be the case in some respects...an SD source judging from some of the feedback I have read about the dissapointing picture quality of a lot of Blu Ray DVDs which now begs my next question:

Why are been taken for a ride in this respect by some of the film studios and how can we be sure that the Blu Ray DVD we are buying is the genuine article and mastered from a genuine HD source

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
As to discs a lot of people on this site swear by High-def digest.
http://www.highdefdigest.com./. Had a look and they seem pretty clued up on reviews and do not seem to pull any punches.Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts