How Good (or bad!) is the Sony KDL40L4000

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just seen this set in Sainsburys for £587 and am wondering whether my son would prefer it (for Xmas) to a 32W4000, mainly for gaming. Any ideas anyone. Can't find a Review. Would save me a few £'s if it was OK!!!

A

Anonymous

Seems it must be one of Sony's lesser models if no-one has an inkling about its qualities! ... not even WHF's own experts???

A

Anonymous

It is pretty much the same as the V4000 so reasonably good, just in a less fancy casing. What guarantee are Sainsbury's giving?

A

Anonymous

I'm afraid I didn't have time to take in more than the model number and price... rushing to do the shopping before doing the school run! They were stacked next to the bread aisle and took me by surprise! From what you say I should be looking at V4000 model to get an idea of quality, but it seemed to tick a lot of boxes. Thanks Alsine.

A

Anonymous

KDL40V4000 can be had online for about the same price, much nicer looking tv.

A

Anonymous

I think this is telling me to stick with the 32V400, as the viewing distance will be less than the length of a bed by about 0.25 - 0.5 m.

A

Anonymous

I think 32 inch is good if the viewing distance is less than the length of a bed. I think that the extra design of the V4000 might also be worth the extra if the difference is around the £100 mark. Other than that, unless he is into tvs, the L4000 is basically the exact same television as the 40v4000, but just a less fancy design and one less HDMI port (2).

I have a 40" w4500 that handles SD really well, it is about 3/4 ft away from the end of bed and i only just get away with it. so 40" in his case may be a bit of a push. Its quite a difficult question, as 40" screen really does make a difference to films/games.

Can he move his room around to make it so the TV is at a greater viewing distance?

A

Anonymous

Not really sebastian (to changing his room around). I think I'll be stickng to the 32W4000 after all. Wish I hadn't popped into Sainsburys now!! But what you say is helpful to judging 'optimum' size... as the CRT in 'the master bedroom' is due for change soon! You can guess what model I HAD in mind for that... a 40W4500!! Never thought I would, but am seriously considering a panny plasma!

A

Anonymous

LOL! well i blame you for being put off by the w4500 threads.

Yeah i think it would be a good idea to stick with the 32inch set, but your description of the room size/ viewing distance.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts